Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

auto light sensor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
rnlisg

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
auto light sensor

does anyone know the fuse no of the above,i just got one from tlo for my gs,having fitted fogs and a new light switch,i thought i may as well fit this as well,wires found in int light assy plugged in(in dark)switched to auto and its still dark Sad no lights Big Cry i wonder if the fuse is fitted?the fogs work no problem.
sandy
Thumbs Up
 s/steel side tubes,door trims with bright inlay,front and rear light guards,half chrome mirror caps,mud flaps,chrome finishers on boot and rear bumper step,chrome finishers round gear shift and cup holders,chrome door handle covers.d/4 grille conversion,chrome foglamp bezzells,parrot bluetooth.***sadly missed**********  
Post #7246362nd Dec 2010 7:21 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

try fuse 18 (5 amp )
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #7246522nd Dec 2010 7:42 pm
pollafero

Belgium 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Hey rnlisg,
Looking for a sensor too. Do you happen to know the part number?
Thnx
 When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead, remember what the dormouse said: feed your head. (Jefferson Airplane)  
Post #7249663rd Dec 2010 12:10 am
rnlisg

auto light sensor

hi pollafero
i got it from tlo,part no is ydb500290.he may need your model etc but i would guess its the same,(spare 4 pin plug inside int light cluster)mine not working but will check fuse 18.
cheers
sandy
Thumbs Up
 s/steel side tubes,door trims with bright inlay,front and rear light guards,half chrome mirror caps,mud flaps,chrome finishers on boot and rear bumper step,chrome finishers round gear shift and cup holders,chrome door handle covers.d/4 grille conversion,chrome foglamp bezzells,parrot bluetooth.***sadly missed**********  
Post #7251723rd Dec 2010 12:42 pm
andy38

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Ive just fitted fogs also and was looking on here to see how I can make use of the Auto lights since I now have it on the switch. From what your saying it looks like i just need a rain sensor is this all i need and how/ where does it go. anyone got any any photos of installation etc or is not that simple.
Thanks

Post #73004411th Dec 2010 8:45 pm
Tomcat 106

United Kingdom 
Rain sensor location

Andy38.

From LR manual on this site somewhere!!

"The rain/light sensor is located at the upper edge of the windscreen, behind the interior rear view mirror. The sensor is
mounted on an optical unit, which is heat bonded to the inner surface of the windscreen during manufacture. If damage
occurs to the optical unit or the windscreen, then a new windscreen will be required and installation can only be performed
by an authorised Land Rover dealer.
The rain sensor must be re-initialised to a new windscreen, if fitted, or if transferred to another vehicle, the new rain sensor
assembly will automatically re-initialise when powered-up for the first time. In order for this to occur successfully it must be
fitted and connected to the optical filaments (bonded to the screen assembly).
The rain/light sensor unit attaches to the optical unit via two clips, which latch onto formed tags on the optical unit. Positive
retention is achieved by two retaining clips, which force the clips onto the tags."

There is 16 pages all about wipers and washers including more info on the auto function. Thumbs Up

Post #73006911th Dec 2010 9:17 pm
andy38

I guess its no go then thanks for the info. need to think of some toys that can be installed easily its an S 05 plate got the hiline unit full leather now fogs and spots. need some easy to instal other goodies. screen display?

Post #73008311th Dec 2010 9:37 pm
Tomcat 106

United Kingdom 

Winch (Front and Rear of course!!), RAI, Mud Terrains...........

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #73009111th Dec 2010 9:43 pm
Rennos

Greece 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

To make the rain sensor work you need to have it enabled in the ccf files. As most probably your windscreen is not the one fitted with the rain sensor base you will also need this http://www.autoglas-darmstadt.de/en/files/productcatalog.pdf which can be obtained from here http://www.autoglas-darmstadt.de/en/sensors.php (together with the relevant adhesive pad - contact Mrs. Erika Maerzendorfer email [email protected]). They do not sell to private customers (that' s at least what they told me but they do sell to companies so I got it by placing an order through the company I work for. Perhaps TLO could get it for you).

Be very careful when you stick the pad to either surface as the adhesive is very strong and you will destroy it if you pull off (that' s why I ordered 2 pads).

This will give you both auto lights and auto wipers (both need to enabled in the ccf files).

Hope this helps

Post #73023812th Dec 2010 11:21 am
cliveaff

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I have also fitted fog lights, and zenon headlights, and fitted a new light switch, to my car.
On the switch, it has also has a auto position, which will not work.
I'am very interested, in trying to make this work also.
So the questions are:- Is the wiring there, to plug on to the sensor, if it is. Is the wiring for both rain and lights,
If the wiring is there, will they work, by just then enabling them.
 Land Rover Dicovery 3. 5 Seats.
With side Steps, And rubber floor mats and rubber load space cover.
Front and Rear Mud Flaps.
Light Guards.
Engine Re-Map
Alpine Mobile Media Station. With SatNav.
Xenon head lights
Old Man Emu Suspension
Triumph Sprint RS 1050
Discovery 1 300tdi 1995 

Post #73069313th Dec 2010 1:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rennos

Greece 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

To find if the wiring is there you need to remove the front overhead console next to the windscreen. It will come off by pulling it down starting from one corner (fwd left or right if I remember). The wiring should be tucked somewhere around the opening in the headliner. It is a small black 4-way multiplug with white-green, red, black and green wires (in that order). Next to it will most probably be a 3-way multiplug for the elecrochromatic mirror (but probably you have a manual mirror as I do). The 4-way multiplug plugs straight into the sensor and if enabled (you need someone with a faultmate to do it, perhaps Wiggs?) and you stick the sensor (with double sided adhesive tape) on the windscreen below the rearview mirror you will have auto lights. If you buy the sensor base as I mentioned earlier you will also get auto wipers.
[/img]

Post #73084013th Dec 2010 7:10 pm
andy38

thanks for the info
so i need to get the sensor, stick it on and plug it. change the ccf file and off we go. roughly how much are the sensors? ever seen any on flea bay?

Post #73111514th Dec 2010 12:49 am
Bushwanderer

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Don't forget that you also need the correct windscreen for this to work.
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #73111814th Dec 2010 12:53 am
cliveaff

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Which windscreen, should we have, for the sensors to work?
I thought it was just a matter of sticking it on, then enabling, and with fingers crossed, it should work.
 Land Rover Dicovery 3. 5 Seats.
With side Steps, And rubber floor mats and rubber load space cover.
Front and Rear Mud Flaps.
Light Guards.
Engine Re-Map
Alpine Mobile Media Station. With SatNav.
Xenon head lights
Old Man Emu Suspension
Triumph Sprint RS 1050
Discovery 1 300tdi 1995 

Post #73117014th Dec 2010 9:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rnlisg

auto light/rain sensor problems

i took the l/r sensor which i got from nick to a local"autoglass"depot,guy was very helpfull,showed me 4 Shocked different screens for d3.main thing was the part i took,it seems this is only half of what you need, the pad comes allready bonded to the new screen,then my half clips into it plug the socket in from the int light assy,and bobs nearly your uncle Whistle, as you will need to find someone with a faultmate or like to tell the Censored thing to work.
as ruud said in his post he has the std mirror,he fitted the parts he got from autoglas germany for about 30eu,check the site details and part no,s,i think this is the route i will take.
sandy
Thumbs Up
Post #73131714th Dec 2010 4:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >