DISCO3.CO.UK > General

AutoExpress article- long term HSE roadtest
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
AutoExpress article- long term HSE roadtest

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/long_term_tes...6_hse.html

They complain about "hopeless' fuel economy. I don't know how they have been driving the car- from their figures it's probably with the handbrake on! [pedants - I know you can't actually drive the auto with handbrake on].

Oh and lack of support in the HSE seats. I know a few board members who would love to swap and show them what the 'poverty' seats are like too!
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #2391920th Oct 2005 7:07 am
BN

England 

Obviously driven by some very inexpereinced driver also as he states the cars giant size for the Alps was too much. My motorhome, much bigger, loves the Alps, never had a problem.

Post #2392020th Oct 2005 7:20 am
Pelyma

England 

BN you need to educate these people, Wink I might get that economy if I sat at 90 all day, but long journeys, I reckon I would match the Volvo, although I would be using the computer's figures - too lazy to work it out Embarassed
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #2392520th Oct 2005 8:22 am
BN

England 

Pelyma wrote:
BN you need to educate these people, Wink I might get that economy if I sat at 90 all day, but long journeys, I reckon I would match the Volvo, although I would be using the computer's figures - too lazy to work it out Embarassed

Think the fuel average computer it works as a continuation from day to day it is not bad for estimates. The early models I think reset on a daily basis, which is a bit deceptive.

Post #2393320th Oct 2005 9:02 am
PJ

England 

Hello BN, Beleive your wrong on that one, I have a 2004 year mod which does not automatically reset daily. Beleive it resets after 999 or you reset manualy at start of new journey. Found the trip computer in fact understates, had an interesting trip back from the dealers the other week & had the opportunity to test it or perhaps I should say it tested me!. Run the last 5miles of journey with the mileage range showing zero whether going up or down hill or on the level so I now have renewed confidence in it's computations. Mine is an auto & often get 34mpg+ showing on the average.
 TDV6 2004 Auto Zambezi Silver Badged SE not quite an S with Nav & Rear DVD  
Post #2393820th Oct 2005 9:55 am
BCP

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Interesting. I take it he was thrashing it. We did France this summer in a manual. 80mph average with a roof box at 27.8mpg. That was BP ultimate. 25.1mpg for the same route back on local fuel. Towing a boat on local fuel in an auto, 22 sounds possible.
BP

Post #2393920th Oct 2005 10:29 am
BN

England 

PJ wrote:
Hello BN, Beleive your wrong on that one, I have a 2004 year mod which does not automatically reset daily. Beleive it resets after 999 or you reset manualy at start of new journey. Found the trip computer in fact understates, had an interesting trip back from the dealers the other week & had the opportunity to test it or perhaps I should say it tested me!. Run the last 5miles of journey with the mileage range showing zero whether going up or down hill or on the level so I now have renewed confidence in it's computations. Mine is an auto & often get 34mpg+ showing on the average.

Nothing is certain on a D3, certainly the prototypes reset daily, mine (March05) resets when I re set it. Cannot beat tank full to tank full though for accuracy.

Post #2394020th Oct 2005 10:43 am
PJ

England 

BN.
Yes, incredible so many variations on a vehichle only a year old, tank to tank is ok for mpg (always found it needs a good rock though on past vehicles) but it is reassuring to know what mileage you have left in the tank.
 TDV6 2004 Auto Zambezi Silver Badged SE not quite an S with Nav & Rear DVD  
Post #2394620th Oct 2005 11:39 am
BN

England 

PJ wrote:
BN.
Yes, incredible so many variations on a vehichle only a year old, tank to tank is ok for mpg (always found it needs a good rock though on past vehicles) but it is reassuring to know what mileage you have left in the tank.

That is yet another point, I think mine is quite accurate, but some are all over the place, dropping from a quarter to nil in no time.

Post #2394720th Oct 2005 11:43 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >