Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Automatic Lights - Possible to retrofit??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mirror88

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4
Automatic Lights - Possible to retrofit??

Hi, another question as part of my ongoing mods which I cant find the answer to yet (im sure its their though)
Im currently replacing my front bumber to include front fogs and front PDC, as part of this process ive also purchased a new interior light switch to include front fogs but which also has the automatic lights option.

Im also upgrading my rear view mirror to an electronic one (wiring is present just trying to find a suitable metal connection to bond it to the windscreen) but if this fails I need a new windscreen with one pre bonded.

If i order a new windscreen saying i have an electrnoic mirror will this come with additiona sensors which will allow the automatic lights to work or do i need a seperate control module to get the auto lights to work and maybe have it enabled? Ill need the front pdc's enabled so this shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Thanks
 2011 Discovery 4 HSE  
Post #6693547th Jul 2010 3:44 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

You need to order the windscreen for electrochromic and rain sensor. About 400 Euro IIRC. The rain sensor is about 25 Euro and clips in to the fittings that will be on the glass like the mirror. There is a small 4 pin connector for this so you should check you have the wiring.

I also hope your electrochromic mirror has the 2 silly plastic clip on side covers, as those are about 40 Euro each and i double checked that with the Main Man, TLO who BTW once again was top notch help today when i ordered a 500 quid alternator Bow down

The rain sensor is actually a collection of light sensors that not only detects the ambient light level but also rain on the glass. This info is passed down a LIN bus to the body control.

The body control however will not do anything with it unless it is activated in the CCF.

Once again no dealer can help you here, you need something a little more capable, namely a FAULTMATE MSV-2 or the services of someone with one that has an MV licence like the infamous Wiggs Wink

Here's a link to an example of the CCF for my D3 as read by an MSV-2
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/photos/CCF_disco3_new.htm
the rain sensor setting is at the top of the washers and wipers section almost at the bottom.

Of course because the same sensor and setting is used you will be close to having the automatic wipers function too, however this appears to require a change of the wash wiper stalk control, about 50 or 60 Euro IIRC.
Although i have looked at both and have not seen any visual difference like there is with the head lamp switch having the additional auto position.

Hope this helps

Post #6694347th Jul 2010 7:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mirror88

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks for the info, thats great, ill get on with it now... Dan
 2011 Discovery 4 HSE  
Post #6696358th Jul 2010 9:03 am
NitroBN

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

BBS SPY wrote:
You need to order the windscreen for electrochromic and rain sensor. About 400 Euro IIRC. The rain sensor is about 25 Euro and clips in to the fittings that will be on the glass like the mirror. There is a small 4 pin connector for this so you should check you have the wiring.

I also hope your electrochromic mirror has the 2 silly plastic clip on side covers, as those are about 40 Euro each and i double checked that with the Main Man, TLO who BTW once again was top notch help today when i ordered a 500 quid alternator Bow down

The rain sensor is actually a collection of light sensors that not only detects the ambient light level but also rain on the glass. This info is passed down a LIN bus to the body control.

The body control however will not do anything with it unless it is activated in the CCF.

Once again no dealer can help you here, you need something a little more capable, namely a FAULTMATE MSV-2 or the services of someone with one that has an MV licence like the infamous Wiggs Wink

Here's a link to an example of the CCF for my D3 as read by an MSV-2
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/photos/CCF_disco3_new.htm
the rain sensor setting is at the top of the washers and wipers section almost at the bottom.

Of course because the same sensor and setting is used you will be close to having the automatic wipers function too, however this appears to require a change of the wash wiper stalk control, about 50 or 60 Euro IIRC.
Although i have looked at both and have not seen any visual difference like there is with the head lamp switch having the additional auto position.

Hope this helps

Image not available. 404 error. Have nanocom evolution to do this with my D3

Post #22947267th Jun 2022 9:37 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

@ NitroBN

Topic is 12 years old! Rolling Eyes so is the link.. Cool
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #22947367th Jun 2022 11:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >