DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Aux power in rear panel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
v40mav

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Aux power in rear panel

Finally got round to taking a few pics of the mods done -

Wanted to get additional power to the rear to power various kit including amateur radio / MSA radio's and others used from time to time .

Cool Box - LED lights, and not drain the main battery - Following reading a number of posts the optima yellow top was the battery of choice - expensive but worth it Very Happy

Local auto electrician I know looked at what I wanted and suggested a few alterations - -and got some of the panels fabricated for me -

Dual battery installed - with split charge - not the fancy traxide but a powerful relay ( durite )

2 cable runs to rear and a distribution board installed along with 2 small fuse boxes and a couple of relays - also has USB charging - all fused -

Plan is to allow easy access via anderson poles for radios and anything else - needing power -

At the same time I got 3 additional 12v aux sockets added and the existing one re directed to the new board - All live just now but 2 are to be switched - easy to control from front of the disco-

This worked great on a recent event I was providing support at - Had the netbook running memory map with external GPS

Had PRB and amateur radio's on all day cool box running and also recharged a couple of hand held batteries - - all via Aux battery Thumbs Up

Whilst the panels were out we also ran all the extra cables to use as switches / - this is behind the H frame until we get completed - I do like the idea of the switches in the roof panel -

There are also 2 cat 5 cables running front to back - various options for these - but manly to allow remote heads to be used on some of the radios.

Still work in progress and the Radios are just attached to the cargo guard just now till we get the rest done then they will be attached to the new paned cover and hidden out of sight totally -

Given I'm about to add a Expo rack and lights - This should make the wiring up easy Bow down ( Please ) - Time will tell -

some pics - more in gallery

Once the panel is installed this will leave the rear looking tidy with no cable's visible or able to be caught by the dog -

Next few tasks next -

LED's beacons installed and wired - up -

Expo rack on and lights wired - ( Job for Saturday )

Winch - have RLD's internal - but not sure if external is better - now that Ray has some Thumbs Up
 TDV6 HSE - Silver
Defender 110 County
Freelander 2 HSE

www.lothian4x4response.org 

Post #67443720th Jul 2010 10:54 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Looking great there Bow down

Liking the panel behind the cubby box Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #67443920th Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top