Auxilliary Fuel Tank
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jamo

Australia 
Auxilliary Fuel Tank

I've had it fitted and here it is!

There are more pics in the gallery.

The dual fillers are wide enough to take the fast flow pump nozzles.

Fule is transferred via an electric pump, activated by a switch on the little LED fuel gauge. It takes about half and hour to transfer a tank load, but I did it as I drove, so it didn't matter.

Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #7967321st Aug 2006 9:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

very nice Smile
how many litres

Post #7967621st Aug 2006 9:32 am
Jamo

Australia 

Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #7968221st Aug 2006 9:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Haggis

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

You beat me to it!

Got the D3 last Friday and am waiting for the tank to show up. Both ARB bar and Kaymar bar are ready as is the snorkel.

I was wondering if your right hand wheel carrier had any brackets welded on it ready to accept the HF and HiLift brackets? I ordered both but Kaymar have said 'not released yet'. My bar has arrived with twin carriers (I haven't been down to the local ARB to check it out yet) but it occurs to me if the brackets aren't ready then the wheel carrier might not be ready for them either...
 D3 (06) SE TDV6, Rear Locker, Rear Air, ARB bar w/winch, Safari Snorkel, 110l aux fuel tank, Kaymar rear bar (twin wheel carrier), Black Widow rear storage system, Rhino rack, GME UHF, Codan HF, IPF HID lights, CSA Explorer 17" w/BFG Mud Terrain KM2 - see Australian 4WD Monthly #103  
Post #7973921st Aug 2006 1:03 pm
Jamo

Australia 

Don't worry Haggis! The brackets/mounting points are there.

Hopefully ARb will do a better job than ORE in PErth. They fitted the tank well, but left the car in an absolute pigsty. There was drill shavings from putting in the gauge all over the place and grease on the door. And I had to ask them how it all worked a couple of times before one of them gave a very basic (and slightly incorrect rundown), AND I had to ask for my spare wheel winch and other stuff.

Furthermore, the dude who showed me how it worked laughed at my snorkel and the interior of the car, stating each time "that's a really unusual snorkel/interior..ha ha ha ha ha". Twit drove a Missin Pootrol so I suppose he was a bit demented from getting bounced around inside.
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #7974121st Aug 2006 1:12 pm
catweasel

what did he say after you broke his nose

Post #7974721st Aug 2006 1:28 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #7974921st Aug 2006 1:34 pm
Haggis

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Thanks - all good news.
 D3 (06) SE TDV6, Rear Locker, Rear Air, ARB bar w/winch, Safari Snorkel, 110l aux fuel tank, Kaymar rear bar (twin wheel carrier), Black Widow rear storage system, Rhino rack, GME UHF, Codan HF, IPF HID lights, CSA Explorer 17" w/BFG Mud Terrain KM2 - see Australian 4WD Monthly #103  
Post #7975021st Aug 2006 1:39 pm
RetiredBob

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Jamo

Looks good.

Does the fit affect any warranty conditions??

How does it go for weight etc??

Regards

Bob

Post #7988322nd Aug 2006 6:53 am
catweasel

another question re. Kaymar rear bar, looking in your gallery with the two tyres I cannot see your tail lights. is this due to the perspective of the camera or is that the way it looks if I was in a car behind you. also I could not see any lights for the number plate or am I mistaken

Post #7993322nd Aug 2006 12:36 pm
Jamo

Australia 

Ok,

The bar is warranted by Kaymar and they will cover any car part that fails as a result. I know that some dealers have been saying add ons like this void all warranty, but legally that's a load of rubbish. My dealer hasn't had any problems with the setup and has even complimented me!. 8)

The tank similarly shouldn't affect any part of the warranty. In any case, carrying six jerrys of fuel on the roof certainly would have warranty implications as the dynamic roof load is limited to 75kg by LR.

The Bar weighs 40kg, the wheel carriers are 25kg each and the dry tank is about 40kg (I think). There is no noticeable effect on the car. Very Happy The air suspension automatically compensates for the weight. I am yet to go over a weighbridge but will soon and post the results. 8)

The tail lights are partially obscured, but only from directly behind. The lights in the bumper are fully wired up for stop, tail and indicator; so there's no problem there. Very Happy

There is a light for the number plate (only it's still in my shed as I haven't got off my backside to fit it yet! Embarassed )
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #7995922nd Aug 2006 1:32 pm
catweasel

Jamo wrote:
I know that some dealers have been saying add ons like this void all warranty, but legally that's a load of rubbish.
AFAIK warranty is only affected when said accessory is the cause or contributes to part of the vehicle failing (with which the accessory is associated to) and this they have to prove.  
Post #7996222nd Aug 2006 1:41 pm
Jamo

Australia 

Well the bar bolts directly to the chassis, so they'd have a pretty hard time convincing a court that the chassis on a 3tn vehicle failed due to a 0.1tn bar and wheel setup!
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #7996622nd Aug 2006 1:45 pm
catweasel

was reffering to all accessories, even Ipods and the like. I agree with you, its just a scare tactic and a way they try to squirm out of their obligations and probably get you to buy their kit

Post #7996922nd Aug 2006 1:51 pm
Jamo

Australia 

I actually think that the 'buy their kit' is the real reason behind the threats. Rolling Eyes
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #7999222nd Aug 2006 2:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >