Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Awaiting my ex-demo Disco 4 HSE - but a few questions!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
747_JK

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Awaiting my ex-demo Disco 4 HSE - but a few questions!

Picking up my first ever Disco in late April, but a few questions for you LR experts:

It's an HSE with the full-on Harmon Kardon audio - just how good is this? I drove a 7 series BMW about 10 years ago with an awesome top-sepc factory-fit audio system, allowing you to have sound as though you were in a Concert Hall... Is it as good as that? Is the sound really quite awesome?

I saw a post about needing mud flaps... I think they look horrid. Am gonna be 99 per cent on-road only. Do I really need mud flaps to stop the car getting really dirty through normal motorway driving etc? It's gonna be a black Disco.

And the park assist with the standard single rear-camera - is it any good? Useful? What happens at night - next to useless if its dark?

And this heated steering wheel lark (it was on the car already) - is it a total gimmick or ever actually useful?

Thanks guys / gals!
 747_JK
"Moab is my happy place"
2019 Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE
2015 Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - SOLD
2010 Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE with a serious smoking habit - SOLD 

Post #6316073rd Apr 2010 7:45 pm
Supercharged

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

I was new to Land Rover last September.

The Harmon Kardon audio is as good a sound as I have heard in any car - my son is a bit of an audio buff and says that it's awesome!

I don't have mud flaps and through the winter I have not especially noticed that the bodywork gets dirty through lack of them - I live in the countryside so lots of mud and deep puddles about. But the my car is silver which does not show dirt like a black car - so why not try it without flaps and see how you get on?

I too have the standard single rear camera - and it's excellent. At night the reversing lights throw up plenty of light so no problem seeing what is behind you.

Finally I also have the heated steering wheel - very well worth it. You'll notice it next winter!

Good luck - you've bought a great car!
 Paul

D4 HSE Zermatt Silver / Ebony 

Post #6316133rd Apr 2010 7:53 pm
Nigel McBurney

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

HI I have a D4 HSE, Stornaway grey,compared with my previous silver .D3 it got dirty along the sides very quickly,As there had been a two gap between owning the discoveries I looked up some photos and the D3 had mudflaps,as it was a demonstrator it came fitted with flaps,so I tried to get a set of flaps for my D4 ,dealer supplied the rear ones and six weeks later still waiting for the front ones.Typical Land Rover cannot even supply a full set of flaps If the d4 will not be used seriously off road I would fit them.The rear camera is good for detecting objects immediately behind the car and is excellent for reversing onto a heavy trailer,it saves bashing the rear end with the towbar. as for the heated steering wheel ,it was not my choice I bought new from dealer stock and it had one fitted,ok for the ladies and softies but I would not have bothered but I started by riding english motorcycles and got used to the cold.As for the radio I never use it,

Post #6316393rd Apr 2010 8:41 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Stereo: Pretty good. My criticism of the sound is that I have to turn the bass to the main system down and have the sub turned up high otherwise there are loads of annoying resonances from bits of trim from the low frequencies.

Camera works well in light and dark if the lens is kept clean and dry.

I have just had mudflaps fitted after 6 months.....I live in the country and the lanes get muddy and this gets chucked up on the car without them.

Heated wheel...love it!! Got it on my FFRR and it's been especially good this winter.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #6319255th Apr 2010 10:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wobbly

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

My black D4 is going back next week for front mudflaps, at the moment I have to sponge rinse the car daily!

Sound system is excellent, truly, you wont be disappointed.

Am struggling a bit with the reversing camera, tend to use the mirrors and then camera for distance to obstructions, as opposed to using the screen to reverse.

Havent got the heated wheel, haggled two options in the price, so went for privacy glass and towbar.

Enjoy yourself!

Pete
 May the road rise with you.
May the wind always blow at your back.
And the sun always shine on your face.
May God always hold you in the palm of his hand. 

Post #6326246th Apr 2010 6:42 pm
747_JK

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

You guys have convinced me - mud flaps are being ordered by email to the dealer now... I dont want to be washing the car more than once a week when its parked in the local car park. Am already worrying that the usual £6.75 wash for a 3 series is going to jump for a Disco tank!
 747_JK
"Moab is my happy place"
2019 Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE
2015 Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - SOLD
2010 Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE with a serious smoking habit - SOLD 

Post #6326276th Apr 2010 6:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >