Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Kyalami - I have PM'd you my contact details Thumbs Up

Post #78449110th Apr 2011 7:56 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

hgbosch :
Hiya George, hopefully i can help you a bit more with your request for advice, especially regards our coverage of the Disco 1 and it's systems.

It's pretty common knowledge on this board that our MSV-2 system is the ultimate for the Discovery 3. For an owner just wanting the best for their own vehicle, our single vehicle licensing brings it within reach. It's not exactly pocket money, but it has a high resale value, so it is really a good investment, does far more tna anyone could possibly explain and no one who owns one is ever unhappy with it or would part with it, hence the hight resale value i guess Rolling with laughter

The MSV-2 system is however also really flexible and so you can easily also add other vehicles, like your Disco 1, onto the same system.
We do have an all in one kit for the Disco 3, but if you are planning to also cover a Discovery 1, you will require a slightly different Vehicle server with a built in VCI1 (Vehicle Communications Interface) This is only about 40 Euro more.
Also depending on the systems fitted that you want to cover, you may also need some different diagnostic connection leads, but these are not expensive, typically only 15 Euro each. Thumbs Up

In the case of the Disco 3, we only have one license that covers the entire vehicle. This is because the vehicle is not really made up of different independent systems, but an interconnected network.
But for the Disco 1, each system is independent and so each system has its own license and so you can pick and choose only what you want to cover.

For the Discovery 1, we do not have any single vehicle license option because the Multi vehicle licenses are not that expensive anyway, there would hardly be any saving.

Not surprisingly, given how extensively we cover the Discovery 3 and it's systems, our coverage of each system on the Discovery 1 is also second to none.

To see the exact degree of coverage and capability in each system, you first have to figure out what systems you have fitted to your discovery 1. We do however provide a model specific coverage list to help with this.

http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/download...very_I.pdf

on this PDF, you will see Blue clickable links for each system that will take you to the on line help page relating to it.

for example on your 1996 on Diesel Engine Management system you will get this
https://blackbox-solutions.com/shop/help/SM007.html

and since you specifically mention the ABS, here is the link to that
https://blackbox-solutions.com/shop/help/SM020.html

I hope this helps, but if you need any more info or help, let me know Thumbs Up

Post #78484511th Apr 2011 5:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Oh guys, I have my D4 license now (thanks Colin & BBS Thumbs Up )

so don't all shout at once, who needs stuff enabling and who wants to be the guinea-pig?

Post #78526212th Apr 2011 5:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >