Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

back from Carnac
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
back from Carnac

Just had a lovely 19 days in Carnac, what a smashing beach and a really nice area. Never knew caramel was so popular, but suits me Very Happy

As it its want, my D4 decided on the first moring after the stop over off the ferry to throw up a red warning triangle and tell me I had restriced performance!!

Turned engine off, back on again, as all was fine, never occured again - just LR's way of trying to spoil me hols.

That and a puncture in left rear, but fortunately boot was relatively empty and no 'van on the back so not so bad to change on the campsite. Still glad I carry an axle stand with me though.

Once again, what a towcar. On the run back to Caen on the motorway, a "traveller" with a big Fendt 'van on the back of a Merc sprinter came past me (and I was at 106kph, about 65mph ish), so I decided I'd see how it would run a bit quicker, sat at 120kph, about 75mph) to keep pace with the Merc, and it was so smooth. On the second long climb Merc was slowing but D4 just kept the speed and we went passed him. I backed off a little later but shows what it can do, even with 1800kg of twin axle on the back. Test was purely in the interests of science I should add Whistle

Now just got to get me Censored back into work mode, and drink some of the vino we came home with.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #184736115th Aug 2017 8:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
D&G

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Yep Carnac is a lovely area. Lots of Brits just drive past these areas in the mad dash to get south.

I also liked Honfleur for a short break before we moved over here.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves Thumbs Up
 An honorable defeat is better than a dishonorable victory.” ― Millard Fillmore

2006 Disco 3
Gas Gas 300ec / Gas Gas tx249 / Bandit 1250
XR 650r / Pajero 2.8 Lifted and Safari Snorkel-gone. 

Post #184740215th Aug 2017 10:14 am
al cope

England 

yep. surprised that we didnt see many brits when compared with say, the vendee. A few dutch and belgians, but mainly french on their hols around this area. Twas very nice.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #184740415th Aug 2017 10:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Agreed, went to Carnac as kids with tin tent , now we have our own house in Brittany and visit these beaches for days out, Dinard and La baule are also favourites Thumbs Up

Als post has made me think we ought to go to Carnac this year, were here until 29th Mr. Green
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #184741715th Aug 2017 11:12 am
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

We are in Millau at the moment, what a beautiful place. People like you say just go over the viaduct on their way down south and they don't know what they are missing. We are having 4 days here to rest my back.

This is view from our tent.

At the river looking up to tent.
 The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have. 

Post #184742215th Aug 2017 11:23 am
D&G

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Everyone seems to be in a mad rush to get somewhere these days and miss the little gems on the way.

We are going to Narbonne for a week in September, once the silly season has finished. We will stay a bit further down the coast away from the busy bit.

If the D3 hasn't totally emptied my wallet. Laughing
 An honorable defeat is better than a dishonorable victory.” ― Millard Fillmore

2006 Disco 3
Gas Gas 300ec / Gas Gas tx249 / Bandit 1250
XR 650r / Pajero 2.8 Lifted and Safari Snorkel-gone. 

Post #184745415th Aug 2017 12:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >