Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Bailey Caravans
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
discomarkie

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Well we have our preferred pet makes, ours is Elldis, use to have a 556, now got a super cyclone..lovely van.

http://www.caravanfinder.co.uk/caravans.html

It's good as you can choose by layout etc rather tha worrying about makes and models....most of all with your money though is finding a dry caravan...

Join http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/ you can get more advise that you'll ever need!

Post #113297617th Jul 2013 10:04 pm
Richie63

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Your right, mine is currently a coachman, heavier than most but I've got the car to pull it. Thumbs Up

Post #113298217th Jul 2013 10:13 pm
johnnyboy997

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

We bought a Bailey Ranger 620/6 early last year and it's absolutely brilliant. We have a friend with Bessacar which is beautiful, 4 years older than ours and cost the same- so you pay your money and take your choice.

My advice would be to leave buying it until there's snow on the ground- best time is between Christmas and New Year- as the dealers and private sellers won't get much interest at that time of year.

Think about what you want to use it for and who will be in it. Between me and my other half we have 4 kids- so we bought a 6 berth- but wanted a fixed bed. The Bailey ticked all the boxes- and we have dogs- so we didn't want the luxury of a Bessacar just yet- maybe when kids and dogs are gone in 10 years time!

The Bailey is relatively cheap to buy but good value. Parts are cheap too and it's very light for its' size- ours is less than 1600kg for a 27ft van!

Just remember that its' a buyers market so take your time. Good luck.

J
 D4 HSE in Stornoway- love it. Jaguar XF, MG TF, D2 ES V8 and 2x TR7s for playing!

Gone- D3- a fortune spent and now a lovely car for it's new owner; D2 G4 replica- Tangiers Orange and survivor of 2 Pot Noodle Challenge's! 

Post #113479322nd Jul 2013 9:35 pm
al cope

England 

I'm not so sure about the "quiet" winter time theory. We brought our new Bailey in Feb 2012, and I've never seen so many people trudging round caravans in the snow. Dealer said they were really busy.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #113492923rd Jul 2013 8:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MrModo

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Yeh, there seems such a variation in prices at the moment, the same caravan I've seen varys from £2500 to £4000 for private sales.

I did see a real nice Hobby caravan, but its 1900kg!

Post #113502523rd Jul 2013 12:35 pm
guzgog

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

Hello this is my first post. We have owned an Avondale years ago and it was a lovely van and then onto an Ace which suffered with a delaminating floor and all sorts of problems and now we have a Hobby which we love and the Disco tows it like a dream. The Hobby is six inches wider than a normal UK van but inside it feels like two feet wider and the fixed king size bed is a bonus. Hobbies are a bit more to insure but I think we have found our brand of caravan Smile

Post #113614325th Jul 2013 5:43 pm
Team Ramsden

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Own an Avondale 630/6 and am over the moon with it! Huge end washroom, bunks for 2 x kids, and really good quality throughout, the shower is a walk in type, 1.5m long which helps me at 6"2' - think you just need to find the right set up for you and keep an open mind really. Comments on damp are right on - damp meter from Maplins before I even thought about buying it, perhaps consider taking a caravan service chap with you if you like what you see. Would be well worth the money to avoid buying a dog....

Rolling Eyes

Post #113729928th Jul 2013 6:51 pm
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Our Avondale was pants (complete with smelly stuff inside) Evil or Very Mad - bought it new, collected it on a Friday to spend the weekend in it - seriously considered dropping it of at Wandahome on the Sunday to see what hey would give me for it. Censored Censored

We have had a Bailey Senator California (current model would be Unicorn Valencia) for 4+ years now, one of the best we have owned Thumbs Up

Post #113742828th Jul 2013 10:54 pm
Washwipe

England 

Senator California, last of the well built Bailey's, we went looking at new ones a few months ago, nothing out their that's better than the California Thumbs Up

Post #113778429th Jul 2013 8:43 pm
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Exactly our thoughts Bow down Bow down

Post #113780029th Jul 2013 9:02 pm
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Get yourself off to the NEC or any other show and have a look round. Yes they are brand new but you will get a feel for the different layouts and what will suit your needs best. Then have a look round the dealers. We bought ours last November, got 1K knocked off the screen price and over £300 of starter kit thrown in as well.

Andy
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #113780229th Jul 2013 9:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Landybandy

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Bailey Caravans

MrModo wrote:
Hi All

Anyone know much about them. Am looking around for a cheap starter caravan and they seem to be pretty good value ...a 4 berth 2000 model for around £2500 - £3000

Might be an open question, but are they any good?

Thx

I'm on my second baily. First was a pageant bordeux 2005,
& now I have a senator caroliner 2008. They have been fantastic to own hence the change but the same brand. Second hand & trade in resale values are good on them too. I had my pageant for 4 years & only lost £1500, & that was part exchanged

Post #114241811th Aug 2013 1:39 am
Pelyma

England 

My parents have had a number of Avondales from the 1970s onwards and currently have an Osprey, it is a well finished van far better than anything save maybe Coachman. Only thing you have to remember is the awning height as the rail is a lot lower than standard.

The Bailey idea of a non wood frame is great but they let themselves down on the standard of finish inside IMHO, but if that doesn't bother you then they are a good buy.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #114245011th Aug 2013 8:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >