Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Battery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bill Brooks

Battery

Hello guys,
I have recently bought a disco4 and it seems that it needs a new battery.as I intend to fit it myself I took the battery cover off to take a look which way round the battery posts were. On looking at the battery I noted a small cable? In the top of the battery. Could someone tell me what this is for please? I assume a replacement battery will have the ‘hole’ in it to plug this cable into or have a got to get a specific battery?
Thanks for reading

Post #209627430th Oct 2019 6:30 pm
jonp

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi

Are you sure it is a cable?

Is it sticking into the side of the battery that is facing the font of the car and at the centre top of this "front side?" Is it the vent tube ?

Check out Tayna batteries and get a good Start / Stop AGM one from them (Exide EK950) They are the same make as Genuine Land Rover

Regards Jonathan

Post #209629130th Oct 2019 7:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

if you post a pic, someone will confirm but it's probably the "transit" connector ... used to short out the electronics whilst car is transported, stops it using any of it's electrickery when it mustn't. Smile

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #209629730th Oct 2019 8:01 pm
john hall

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I can second that, I just got an EK950 from tayna its an exact comparison to the genuine one in every way ,it’s very heavy but fits perfectly just make sure the wires on the fuse box side don’t get trapped when fitting,a helping hand goes along way

Post #209630030th Oct 2019 8:04 pm
Bill Brooks

Yes I think looking at it again it does look like a vent tube rather than a wire - duh. I’ll look out the battery you guys recommend thanks

Post #209630430th Oct 2019 8:38 pm
akabrooksy

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Just thought I would piggyback this post for info.

I just replaced my 2013 D4 battery with an EK950 Exide Start-Stop AGM from Tayna - £131 including delivery and arrived quickly. Pretty straightforward to replace although helpful to have my wife hold the wires out the way as fairly heavy. The original battery was the same as far as I can tell.

All seems to work - I was a bit worried about having to reset the BMS as some folk have mentioned as I have absolutely no idea how to do this but seems unnecessary so far... The only disappointment is that the Sat Nav is still telling me it is initializing as I had hoped new battery might cure this. Haven't had the balls to do a hard reset yet as worried this might cause more problems than it would solve - that will have to be the next job...

Post #215445416th Jun 2020 5:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >