Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Tips & Tricks

Battery charging
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Phil1644

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Battery charging

There's been loads on here about batteries and charging. Just before christmas I had the new 950A battery and as the D3 will sometimes not be used for a week or so I decided to get a trickle charger that I could leave connected and without having to disconnect the car battery first either. I liked the look of the new Ctek XS 0.8 but an email from their sales director confirmed they are not available in the UK until Spring 2011. In the end I bought a Ring RSC500 which "charges" at only 0.8A and claims to have "soft start" to avoid a voltage spike to the electrics. This will keep it fully charged and ready to go on even the coldest mornings Thumbs Up

The trouble with a charger permanently connected is that I trip over the leads as I walk around the car Banging Head

Also the D3 is such a snug fit in the garage I cant use the 12S socket method of charging, the garage door wouldn't close!

So I have fixed it in the garage roof, you can see it in the very top of the photo, the 12V leads come down and can clip onto the battery. Its so bl Censored dy cold outside its a bit of a lash up at the moment, but I will tidy the wiring up with a switch fused spur outlet to the charger in the summer!....

Post #73946031st Dec 2010 4:28 pm
ronk

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

What a cracking good idea! I like it Thumbs Up

Post #7422606th Jan 2011 5:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >