DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Battery drain
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Trucks

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Battery drain

Hi

I am back again with a slow battery drain I have included some pictures of three different test metres at various different times but all within an hour.
The first picture shows how I made the connection to the battery which I believe is correct and a reading of .054 amps being discharge,then 0.55 amps being discharge and then 0.44.
Am I right in believing this relates to 540 milli amps,550MA,and 440MA.
I do realise this is to high and need a reading of 0 would be great but realistic this will not happen but a reading of 100ma or lower would be preferable.
I know the metres in use are not the best but its what one can afford,the orange metre is todays latest one I purchased as I wanted to see if there was a great difference between registering the battery drain
I then switched test metres and wow I get a reading of 5.321amp that not a drain that's a flood it then very very slowly dropped to 507ma then I had to pop out for 30 minutes and it had dropped to 023ma which would be great if correct.
Would you agree the surge in the discharge was caused by the changing of the metres as in theory it would be like reconnecting the battery and the slow reduction in discharge was the ecu's ect shutting down.
I disconnected both connectors on the leisure battery so as to ensure there would be no interference from it.
I also put the suspension in access mode so as the suspension would not operate itself as I am sure it does every now and then and I found the discharge was fare less with the suspension in access mode than in normal road setting.
What I am asking for is help in understanding the metre readings,what would be an acceptable discharge rate,and would the suspension in its access mode made the difference that I have described.
 pete truckle  
Post #222538618th Apr 2021 9:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KevinD3

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Ignor me, didn’t see your other thread
 2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Wife thinks the D3 is a hobby, The D3 thinks the wife is 💕 

Post #222538818th Apr 2021 9:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >