DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

BBS on the move
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
BBS on the move

For over 8 years, Blackbox Solutions Ltd has been trading from premises that have been somewhat less than Ideal for our very specific and unique purposes. Given that almost all premises available were industrial warehousing, garages or factory types that have little office space of which we need about 70%, or Shops and offices that have no area able to accommodate vehicles we need to test on.

At the time we moved in, this premises was the best compromise we could find. However it meant that we had to split our Production (including parts storage), Administration and Technical development up, and house them in 3 different levels of a shared office tower block.

For vehicle access we used the basement and set up an area for this, but this was quite remote with the only access being by exiting the building and entering via an up and over garage door on the other side of the building. Therefore on Vehicle testing was quite a remote operation using Laptops etc. Else we have had to rely on test looms etc.
However a year ago, all other levels in this building were occupied by a collage who also wanted our Levels, and so we began the search for alternate premises.
As luck would have it we found a place that although very run down and in dire need of massive top to bottom renovation, could then ultimately be made into exactly what we have always dreamed of having. We quickly struck a deal with the owners and so over the last 6 months have been extensively renovating and preparing these new premises which is now almost complete.

By comparison to what we have had to previously make do with and had to share common areas, the new premises are entirely ours. They are vastly larger, have masses of storage space and have just 2 levels. So the various elements of our business will be much more integrated than before. Most importantly the development team will be housed on a new mezzanine construction that is directly above an area that can accommodate vehicles. This will absolutely have a very positive and pronounced effect on speeding up future development of our products. I will be producing a document with pictures detailing the new premises and the work undertaken, which i might add is pretty unbelievable stuff.

Sadly however, before we can gain the benefit of the usage of these newly renovated and customized to our needs premises, we do have to actually move, and so cause some temporary disruption to our business and service provision. Not that our power outages were enough to contend with already.

We are therefore formally notifying everyone that we are effectively closing for business effective of the 22nd of August and expect to be closed for business for approximately 2 weeks, although it might be a little more or less depending how quickly we can settle in.

This is really a very big leap for us and we truly hope our customers, old, new and future will bear with us in this most trying time.

Post #8242519th Aug 2011 6:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4

Official opening party called for in due course then Thumbs Up
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #8242559th Aug 2011 6:31 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Good luck with the move and all that goes with it - my order can wait until the dust has settled!

Regards,

Rob
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #8242569th Aug 2011 6:33 pm
JDB

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Good luck with the move - dont forget to keep the bottle opener and corkscrew out - they alwyas get packed - and you just know you are going to need them as soon as you arrive!! Best wishes.

Post #8242579th Aug 2011 6:34 pm
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

Good luck with the move, where abouts in Cyprus are you moving to ? hope it's coastal !
I spent 8 months in Nicosia god hot damn hot Shocked
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #8242589th Aug 2011 6:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Thanks all.
The opening ceremony is still a long away dream i dare not even imagine yet.

We are only moving a couple of miles away from where we are currenty at, but the work involved in the new pemises has been really very intense, a couple of months ago i rolled an I beam i was spray painting over, right on the end of my finger which trapped and tore a quarter of my LH index finger and its nail clean off.

A week later i was on a ladder using an SDS drill on a concrete pillar when it hit Rebar. I swapped to a metal drill bit which instantly grabbed and spun the drill which hit me on the forhead and required 5 stitches.

So trust me when i say that this new place has had its due share of my very own blood and sweat, and that i truly do bear the scars.

Post #8242679th Aug 2011 7:17 pm
albal

United Kingdom 

Take it easy I have yet to order my Faultmate Smile

Seriously though don't over do it, I know being self employed you have to work harder than most but there comes a point when you are overdoing it and you actually will be under performing. Good luck with the rest of the moving in and I hope to hear there were no incidents getting there.

All the best,
Al

Post #8242729th Aug 2011 7:28 pm
ambrose

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Best of luck with your new premises.
Maybe your experiances doing manual work will drive you on and stay safe in the office or R & D lab.

Phil

Post #8242749th Aug 2011 7:36 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Thank you all for your well wishes for our iminent move.

Those that know me well will know how utterly and absolutely driven i am and no amount of blood, finger nail loss, or stitches (of which i have had many) sweat and tears will be allowed to stand in my way and what i want to achieve.

Although there will be a temporary disruption, In a couple of months BBS will be bigger, brighter and much more empowered and kick ass than before.

Although i do now have a more managerial type role to perform with BBS, like many, i do love getting the spanners and screwdrivers out and getting real hands on experience. It really does not matter if its re wiring a building or a Disco 3, replacing a loo or adding a Sat Nav system. its all really just about having a CAN DO attitude and a degree of common sense that is sadly all too lacking today.

Post #82499011th Aug 2011 6:36 pm
highbayrack

Colin, that's the sprit CAN you DO my loo the next time your over please Whistle
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)

Post #82499111th Aug 2011 6:46 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Errm AbsolyLOOtly not HBR

I can do once, but since one of my empoloyees managed to actually break a loo, i am already strugggling to compensate this

Post #82499311th Aug 2011 6:57 pm
geoff.

England 

good luck with the move colin and team Thumbs Up

geoff

Post #82499511th Aug 2011 7:01 pm
buellbeast

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Are you ready for me to bring my D4 to have a poke around now?
 Club Forum Criminal !!!  
Post #82499711th Aug 2011 7:13 pm
highbayrack

BBS SPY wrote:
Errm AbsolyLOOtly not HBR

Rolling with laughter

Post #82499911th Aug 2011 7:15 pm
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Have a safe move Colin & Co.

Looking forward to some great FFRR software from the new building Smile

Post #82500511th Aug 2011 7:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >