DISCO3.CO.UK > General

BCM upgrade / swap /rollback
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RATA1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4
BCM upgrade / swap /rollback

Hello,
I have a question about options with the BCM.
I am trying to retrofit the ACC to my 2014 and all is done apart from a small issue in that the radar unit is sending some unrecognised message that prevents it from working. And becasue of that I cannot begin the calibration.

So I looked at ECU data from guys that have done it to their 2016 cars and compared to mine and although the CCM module firmware provided by GAP is FH22 their BCM's are running GH22.

The latest I can go to is FH22 which would match the FW on the CCM and technically would match when ACC was available on 2015+ cars.

So my questions are;

1. If upgrading my BCM to FH22 from EH22 is there a roll back procedure to get it back to how it was in case it introduced some undesirable effects?
2. If not, would I be better off buying a 2015 or 2016 BCM unit and getting it coded to my car assuming that all that need to be done in a VIN match and mess about with that with the guaranteed roll back to my original unit.

I suppose if my BCM got water damage from the sunroof drain or something and I sourced another from a later car, would it be required to take it back to what it was from the factory (in my case EH22) or have they been done and left at say GH22, coded to the car and have the CCF loaded back on and all is good in the world?

I like to know the upgrade procedures, gothchas and roll-backs before I start anything.

Also, if you have an IID Pro tool do you get access to all the FW available to upgrade as you want or do you still have to ask for it to be loaded but don't pay the £25 each time (think it is still an anual fee)
Thanks
 In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #21999617th Jan 2021 8:57 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

BCM will likely be the same through all MY's

Used BCM will not work, as it is security coded, and will require keys/KVM/IPC etc from the donor car...

Correct firmware from GAP will be the easiest option
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #21999667th Jan 2021 9:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RATA1

Quote:

Used BCM will not work, as it is security coded, and will require keys/KVM/IPC etc from the donor car...

Wow I didn't know that. So even more of a change of underpants if the flashing goes wrong! Nice of LR to put the sunroof drain in close proximity to such a critical (expensive PITA to swap) component.

I expect/assume a new one doesn't have these issues but must be coded by LR then to match the other components?
 In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #21999677th Jan 2021 9:33 pm
RATA1

What about Q1?

If I flash an ECU with say Nanocom, and run into issues can I just put the original one back on?
Reading their documentation seems to suggest this is an acceptable path.
I know IID is the tool of choice, which I have, but Genesis is the purveyor of many ECU files to try Smile

If say my car had a leak and the BCM or the engine ECU got damaged - would this mean I would need all these items (keys/KVM/IPC..what others?) to get it back working or can LR dealer code a new one to fit?

DM - I think that is a yes because you say "Used BCM will not work,..."

How much is a new BCM or engine ECU?

Thanks

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #220412821st Jan 2021 5:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >