Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

What the beep are they smoking? (hotel rant)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

kajtzu wrote:
Neither Conrad Singapore or Intercontinental Singapore

Sorry for this question but.......

......... Intercont is still near top of list, mainly as they pass the BDC with flying colours, and SWMBO likes the look of it. Is it worth the £50 a night extra for the Club Lounge. There are tails on Tripadvisor of much scrummyness in there (breakfast, all day coffee and teas, afternoon tea & evening cocktails/nibbles), however no idea I’d that’s included in that £50/day or extra cost at “which kidney would sir like to sell” rates. Any idea?

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!!

Just thought to look on the hotel’s site and it’s all complimentary. https://singapore.intercontinental.com/stay/club-intercontinental Happy days!! I’m sure we could get through £25/day each of those.

Post #197485317th Aug 2018 12:55 pm
maxbasscat

Ukraine 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Quite common outside UK. Sometime ago I put glazing to external wall aspect in the bathroom of world renown hotel for the client so nothing surprises me except the price circa £8000 per night and closer to reality there is a suite in a certain hotel in NW that has two bidets in the bathroom side by side. Figure that out even my architect buddy thought that strange. The more bizarre the more cash!
 D3 2.7 Zermatt silver (not another one)
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
D3 2.7 (gone) Tonga Green
D3 4.4 V8 LHD Tonga Green
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #197485617th Aug 2018 1:00 pm
al cope

England 

his and hers - whats wrong with that, dont want to wash my bits in her bidet Rolling with laughter

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #197490917th Aug 2018 3:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
maxbasscat

Ukraine 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

^^^ Laughing a bit further north than WM though!
 D3 2.7 Zermatt silver (not another one)
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
D3 2.7 (gone) Tonga Green
D3 4.4 V8 LHD Tonga Green
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #197491017th Aug 2018 4:06 pm
bellx4

United Kingdom 

Reminds me of a “W” hotel. Never entirely comfortable with that layout.

Post #197494917th Aug 2018 7:03 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

W is intended towards younger people, at least that’s what SPG reps told me at the time. Same with Alofts. This explains a lot of the funky stuff and design choices one tends to see in them. I do like the Aloft near the London ExCel, it’s rather nice if conferencing.

Post #197502018th Aug 2018 6:14 am
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

DSL wrote:

......... Intercont is still near top of list, mainly as they pass the BDC with flying colours, and SWMBO likes the look of it. Is it worth the £50 a night extra for the Club Lounge. There are tails on Tripadvisor of much scrummyness in there (breakfast, all day coffee and teas, afternoon tea & evening cocktails/nibbles), however no idea I’d that’s included in that £50/day or extra cost at “which kidney would sir like to sell” rates. Any idea?

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!!

Just thought to look on the hotel’s site and it’s all complimentary. https://singapore.intercontinental.com/stay/club-intercontinental Happy days!! I’m sure we could get through £25/day each of those.

People on TripAdvisor always whine and complain. A breakfast or snack at the intercontinental (or any hotel in the same category) is nothing to complain of. They’re probably comparing it to an all you can eat buffet at four seasons with 200 different kiosks, lobster, chocolate fountains and all that.

If you intended to eat breakfast at the hotel the club makes sense, a breakfast won’t be less than 20-25 GBP (converted) even if you just ordered tea Whistle . If you intend to eat three meals outside it probably does not give you enough value. The lounge is rather nice and is intended to bring back memories of the colonial period with its style.

If you stay longer periods at an IC or many hotels it probably makes sense to sign up for IC Ambassador (which is different from priority pass). It does cost (unlike priority pass) but comes with a voucher for a free night. Also you can get invited to royal ambassador but that has tended to mean staying 5-6 different IC hotels and quite a lot of nights.

Post #197502218th Aug 2018 6:36 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Looking like preference is IC in main building, not Heritage wings which can be views into shopping mall or street via top deck of a bus. And will sign up got the Ambassador prog just before going, using the voucher on next jolly, we’ll deffo make the most of it.

I won’t tell SWMBO about Four Seasons & chocolate fountain, IC is pushing the budget big time but we haven’t been on a posh holiday in many, many years so want to start with a bang. On a previous Posh Holiday we stayed in the Manderin Oriental in HK, got upgraded from standard room to suite overlooking the harbour, unfortunately MO Singapore is too pricey.

And for the rest of the trip it’s going to be local hotels and nothing more expensive than the local Ibis. Staying at IC level would bankrupt us before we got back. Shocked

Post #197502818th Aug 2018 7:01 am
KiwiD4

New Zealand 2011 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

A bit of luxury to start is great. Singapore was our first stop on this years holiday, here’s a shot looking back at our hotel from the Merlion statue.

King of the typo.

MY11 D4 5.0 V8, Bournville, lots of goodies!

Now departed: '85 RR Vogue, '94 D1, '95 D1, '70 SIIA, '97 D1, '04 D2a. All V8, except for the SIIA - but that drank as much petrol anyway! 

Post #197503118th Aug 2018 7:06 am
DSL

Ukraine 

I did have a look at the Fullerton and it looked fantastic but the test dates we were using (don’t know exact dates yet) came out at over £300 per night, that was very much over the fiscal pain threshold. Big Cry Big Cry

Post #197503418th Aug 2018 7:13 am
KiwiD4

I think our 2 nights would have been the equivalent of around 500 pounds, but that was for an upgraded suite with a balcony looking out over the marina and breakfast included. Still not particularly cheap, but as a lot of the rest of the trip was in Premier Inns, it was a great start!

Not that there is anything wrong with Premier, quite the contrary- but they don’t compare! Laughing

Have a great trip, and be prepared for the heat! Gardens by the Bay is well worth a visit, especially for the light show at night.
 King of the typo.

Now departed: '85 RR Vogue, '94 D1, '95 D1, '70 SIIA, '97 D1, '04 D2a. All V8, except for the SIIA - but that drank as much petrol anyway! 

Post #197503518th Aug 2018 7:20 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Just looking at the Fullerton Marina bay at £455 a night and my money is safe, it fails the BDC. Phewwww as the views are to die for.

Post #197506818th Aug 2018 9:20 am
KiwiD4

Ah yes, but there are actually 3 Fullerton’s! We were in the original (just called The Fullerton Hotel), which is a bit cheaper and I reckon better.

A private loo, with a heated seat no less!

King of the typo.

Post #197508518th Aug 2018 10:18 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Agreed, from the BDC point of view the “original” looks much better. Thumbs Up

Post #197509118th Aug 2018 10:42 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

DSL wrote:
DG wrote:
There's nothing better than watching your Mrs dropping the kids off at the pool Rolling with laughter
An image I am trying not to let enter my mind. Ner Ner

Take it we're relaxing the "no pics, didn't happen" rule in this instance ? Whistle

Post #197510218th Aug 2018 11:43 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >