Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

What are the best deals at the moment on an SE?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Ken

Very Annoyed wrote:
Am I right in thinking that you deal with a dealership beginning with B?

Depends on what I'm buying why want me to get you a Mini

Post #8716021st Sep 2006 9:42 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

Thinking about a cooperS conv, Auto!
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #8716221st Sep 2006 9:44 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

No, I think it must be Mrs VA's replacement for the D3, so Mr VA can have that and the RRS all to himself. (well thats what I'd do FWIW). Smile

Post #8716321st Sep 2006 9:45 pm
Ken

Very Annoyed wrote:
Thinking about a cooperS conv, Auto!

Long wait for the new one

Post #8716821st Sep 2006 9:50 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

Good point!
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #8717021st Sep 2006 9:51 pm
azure111s

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

To explain further and answer the query....

Had planned to buy from local dealer. Originally looking at a 6 month old car but also considering new. To say that I was faffed around by said dealer over the course of a couple of days is an understatement. Thought to myself that I must be able to get a better deal (and better service!) - you know - how you just sense that their pledge of "the best they can do", really is some way short of what you think they ought to be able to do.

Then, stumbled across Broadspeed and thought I'd give them a try. The important bit is that they're NOT a vendor themselves. They search for the best deal for you and put you in touch with that dealer. Turned out that I needed to drive just 30 miles for a massively better deal and the sort of service that I knew the original dealer was failing to provide. The car was bought as though I had made the initial enquiry - as though I rang them myself or walked in off the street. Knowing that I had a good deal before even speaking to the dealer made for a healthier relationship IMHO.

Seems that Broadspeed make their money by charging the dealers to advertise their best deals with them. The consumer does not pay any extra - just the price that the dealer offers through Broadspeed at initial contact. Sure, it means that you might not get the exact spec you're looking for (which suited me as I was just after an S spec with towbar), and it's probably already in stock (a good thing, not a bad thing, I thought).

I had already decided not to part-ex, but sell privately. Broadspeed would have offered a part-ex deal but I didn't ask.

Should stress that I have absolutely no association with broadspeed - just 'speaking as I find'.

Nick.

Post #8719221st Sep 2006 10:27 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I have just purchased a SE in black with privacy glass (manual) .
I went into my local dealer with the best internet price of £34,164..(there list price was £37,910) and said if you can match that i will buy it today...i didn't need the car till November so i was prepared to wait/haggle .
He disapeared out the back for 10 mins and said if i take it before the end of the month then YES..
So signed my life away and now picking it up tommorow. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #8745222nd Sep 2006 3:13 pm
Ajolious

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Internet vs personal

My deal has been slightly different but the basic idea behind the internet brokers is that they do the leg work for you, just like the thousands of other price comparison websites for all sorts of things. In the end you are put in contact with a dealership with whom you foster a normal customer/vendor relationship. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Sale & Supply of Goods to Consumer Regulations 2002, still apply. The broker either takes a slice from your pocket or that of the dealer, but this tosh about dealing with someone in loft somewhere or not being able to take it back is completely wrong.

It all comes down to what price you are happy to pay - do you want it now (end of year 06 model to clear for the sales figures), are you happy to wait (07MY being delivered next week), are you happy to pay more to deal with your local dealer, or want to save money because you are happy to buy from a more distant dealership? Let's not get hung up on it all, someone somewhere either wins or loses what ever method we use to buy them - you do it however it suits you best. Suggest we draw this all to a close and get out there and drive....

"De Lana Caprina Rixari"

Post #8891727th Sep 2006 3:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >