DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

The best Disco3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Boofrmb

Australia 2006 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
The best Disco3

Hi All.

New at the disco3 forums, and would like to know from the guys in Australia, which unit would be the best. S, SE or HSE. I own at the present a Range Rover HSE 95model. Looking at a turbo6 s model.

Boofrmb

Post #3233012th Dec 2005 4:13 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Red Dragon

Australia 
Which one

Hi Boofrmb,
I have a SE. TDV6, and tow a 2.2 tonne caravan, I've owned it since March this year, and so far had no Problems, I'm very pleased with it, much more power and Tech-Bits than my last Td2. The Trim level is upto your requirements.
[/b]
 Still Smiling, No Promblems  
Post #3233112th Dec 2005 5:24 am
D3 downunder

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
D3 HSE TDV6

I own a TDV6 HSE and am very happy with it.
Although if you are a RR fan then a RR diesel sport maybe.

Post #3251213th Dec 2005 2:47 am
ontheridge

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi, I have had my TDV6 SE D3 for 5 weeks, being a MY06 model is comes standard with leather, my first diesel and first turbo, wow! awesome engine, towed my boat today for the first time, I had to keep checking to see if it was still on the new adjustable Hayman Reese tow hitch. Very Happy 8)

So, if you want leather, 7 seat with some great air suspension and 4x4 ability I believe the TDV6 SE is the best option, but this depend on budget and other feature you want.

I may have a few tips in relation to getting a good deal if you are buying it thru a business.

Good luck
Shaun
 D4 TDV6 MY13' - 2 weeks away!
RRS S/C MY10' - muchly loved and just gone
D3 TDV6 SE MY06' - loved and gone 

Post #3292614th Dec 2005 12:10 pm
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: The best Disco3

Boofrmb wrote:
Hi All.

New at the disco3 forums, and would like to know from the guys in Australia, which unit would be the best. S, SE or HSE. I own at the present a Range Rover HSE 95model. Looking at a turbo6 s model.

Boofrmb

If $$$ isn't a problem get the TDV6 SE or HSE with rear diff lock. The other options are your choice and mostly nice to haves.

The air suspension is really nice and comfy and great off-road although it might be a point of failure later on in life compared to steel springs.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #3294214th Dec 2005 12:51 pm
Keith Walshe

I opted for the SE Tdv6 with rear diff locker and rear a/c . I then had after market leather seatin fitted. This gives a great performance at a minimised price.

Post #3313215th Dec 2005 2:20 am
otresb

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 S Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hi Keith

Re The leather you had fitted aftermarket. Does it still allow the air bags in front seats to work? Question Question

Post #3317215th Dec 2005 11:32 am
Keith Walshe

Most definitely - it is a complete replacement of the cloth.

Looks great and I can get the wife's chocolate drippings (after a long journey) off with a damp cloth. Even the dog, a 35kg Kelpie cross, does not mark the seats (and you can guess who got his butt first on the passenger seat when I collected the D3)

Post #3339216th Dec 2005 1:55 am
Boofrmb

Australia 2006 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Well thanks to you all, as with the Rangie HSE the leather, and air suppession was great, but I had many faults with the air suppesssion. I was just going to go back to basics, but now, if i get a good trade in, will go for a SE..

Rob

Post #3362717th Dec 2005 7:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Vo Rogue

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

I went an SE as well. The coil sprung one that I drove had a funny lurch motion as the weight transfers while the air sprung one (IMO) rides much better and doesnt have the funny ride.

Best car I have ever owned by a mile. Now just need Mr Turbo Chip to have his holiday down here. Very Happy

Post #4282716th Feb 2006 11:06 pm
LeighW
D3 Decade 

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Boofrmb
I went for an TDV6 auto 'S' with the only options fitted being air suspension and climate control (LRA must have specified a whole lot of them as they were part of the $10 000 off promotion for 05 models at the end of last year and the beginning of this year).
I am happy to report it is everything I wanted. I have read that the locking rear diff is very desirable but I do not intend to get the Disco into the sort of conditions wher the "standard" Terrain Response and 4WD can't handle the conditions.
I have travelled less than 2000 km but have returned an enviable 10.5 l/100 km (27 mpg in the old currency). No quibbles or problems yet but I imagine that my day will come esp. considering the vast array of electronics that she is blessed with.
One dealer offered to do the leather for $3500 but if you get an MY06 SE that is now standard as mentioned in a previous post.
The extras that make up the difference between the S and SE may be desirable for you but I can live without them. Either way I can't imagine any owner would be upset with their final choice. (This is not a paid announcement).
 LeighW

The old girl is on her third engine...
* first ran a bearing (design failure in original engine)
* second had a failure of the water outlet on top of the engine (pls check yours) 

Post #4308319th Feb 2006 1:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >