Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Best Price D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
ticktock

Best Price D4

Okay, I know there arn't many discounts about at the moment, but what sort of price/discount should I be looking at for a D4 GS or XS? I also know it's down to change price, so any dealer better in this department than another?

Post #7133107th Nov 2010 8:29 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Join NFU and you can get an additional 5% off whatever price you negotiate with dealer - so should get 10%-12%+ off list (exc VAT)
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #7133417th Nov 2010 9:15 pm
ticktock

Yep, looked at that. I remember from earlier this year, a well known dealer wouldn't let me use the NFU 5% discount AND their discount, there was a 1k bonus if you didn't use free credit. Personally, I didn't think it would have any effect, but I was told I couldn't have both.

Post #7133517th Nov 2010 9:32 pm
Bogblaster

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

My HSE turns up in December, I negotiated what I felt was a good price and then got the NFU voucher on top, you need to be a member of the NFU Mutual Growers Society for 3 months before you are entitled to the voucher though. It isnt just enough to insure with them.

The dealer told me the NFU discount was no skin off his nose as it was a LR direct deal.

Cheers

BB
 D4 HSE Luxury SDV6,
Cameras, tow assist
Defender 90 Adventure
A4 Avant 3.0l TDI Twisted Evil
CLUB MTR
CLUB BLACK ALLOY
CLUB FFRR RIMS
CLUB VREDESTEIN WINTRAC 4 EXTREME 

Last edited by Bogblaster on 8th Nov 2010 11:40 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #7138628th Nov 2010 9:28 pm
ticktock

Yes, I understand, 240 odd quid of a NFU membership and a LR dealer known to many here told me I couldn't use the NFU 5% discount as well as the discount they were offering. It was the decider in me NOT changing in honesty.

Post #7138958th Nov 2010 10:27 pm
oop north

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Marmaris TealDiscovery 4

the nfu discount is supposed to be over and above any discount offered by the dealer

Post #7139479th Nov 2010 12:10 am
ticktock

Yes, but the dealer point blank refused. Said it couldn't be done. I suppose I should have got onto the NFU or LR, but they seemed to know what they were talking about and I believed them. They said they had given me all the discounts and after checking, with whom I don't know, said the NFU one couldn't be applied. It definately was the deal breaker. I'd have got a new car by now. If what they said was wrong, then apart from naming and shaming, what can I do?

Post #7139579th Nov 2010 2:01 am
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Name them anyway.......don't spare them any embarrasment
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #7139739th Nov 2010 9:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lookers Park Royal

United Kingdom 

mwestcrew wrote:
Name them anyway.......don't spare them any embarrasment

I have no issue in saying it was us!! Thumbs Up

Ticktock (or Carnoch as he was on the FL2 forum) was looking at FL2's. At the time (many moons ago), the offers on the table were NFU, low rate finance or additional money from LR. The additional money from LR was only available if the other offers were not taken. Sadly you couldn't have all three of the offers at the same time (i.e. Could not have the extra £1000 as well as the special finance offer - it was either/or).

So, just to clarify, NFU discount is in addition to whatever saving the dealer is happy to offer you, but depending on what other 'subvented' offers are available then they may not be available in conjunction with each other.

Below is an exert from our Q4 Campaign guide which may help to explain.

Click image to enlarge

So, nothing has changed..............

NFU plus dealer discount = Yes

NFU plus LR Bonus = NO (not that there is any bonus on D4)

Hope this helps to clarify that we were correct. Wink

James Thumbs Up

Last edited by Lookers Park Royal on 9th Nov 2010 10:45 am. Edited 4 times in total 
Post #7139769th Nov 2010 9:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

i organised my finance via Kam... got an excellant deal - much better than LR Thumbs Up
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #7139779th Nov 2010 9:16 am
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thanks for clearing that up James. Clear and concise information. Thumbs Up
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #7140009th Nov 2010 10:35 am
ticktock

I don't have a problem with this, but on first glance the NFU discount should be over and above any deal with the supplying dealer and no doubt there are others on here that think the same.

I accept that I couldn't have the dealer support 1k cash subsidy and the interest free credit, albeit, I'd have like this and did ask, who wouldn't? but the information I was given was I couldn't have the interest free, thereby forfitting the 1k dealer support AND then claim the NFU discount, in effect making up for what I lost on the dealer support. That is what stopped the deal, not me wanting all three! Thats the bottom line and why I querried it when another forum member on here told me I should consider the NFU discount. It wasn't something I had an axe to grind with you over, although it looks like your staunch reply is making it head that way and I've checked with SWIMBO in case I got my facts wrong and no she recalls exactly the same.

Post #7140719th Nov 2010 3:01 pm
Lookers Park Royal

United Kingdom 

No axe to grind I assure you, just clarification that the 'well know dealer' was not 'wrong' as questioned. Thumbs Up

To clarify again, the NFU support cannot be (and could not be back then) combined with either the subvented finance or the additional support. This relates to Freelander as D4 only has the NFU offer.

To give a current example, a Freelander 2 SD4 HSE 11my offers either 0% APP or additional support, however eligible NFU members can forego either of these two offers and opt for 5% NFU support. In almost all instances 5% NFU support would represent a better saving than the LR support or the interest saved by going down the 0% route. Any dealer discount would be in addition to the above.

Again, I have no axe to grind, but I am sure you will agree that it is fair that we should have an opportunity to clarify any confusion properly. Very Happy

If anyone has any questions regarding the LR special campaigns on a quarter by quarter basis then feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to clarify. Thumbs Up

James Thumbs Up

Post #7140839th Nov 2010 3:27 pm
ticktock

Fair enough, I apologise if I got it wrong, but your last post did suggest it was the fact I was after all three advantages that the deal failed. It didn't, hence my annoyance. What your saying is if you take the NFU discount, you can't have any dealer support money nor any LR zero finance. That is what confused me and probably others on here. I am reticent to start picking over the bones in a public forum, I think we should just leave it there.

Post #7140899th Nov 2010 3:42 pm
Lookers Park Royal

United Kingdom 

ticktock wrote:
What your saying is if you take the NFU discount, you can't have any dealer support money nor any LR zero finance.

If referring to a Freelander then yes, 100% spot-on, but only if the 'dealer support money' you refer to is the LR support money. Dealer discount is always available at the dealers discretion in addition to any of the manufacturers offers.

So, an eligible NFU member buying a FL2 11my SD4 HSE would be best to go for the 5% NFU support and any discount that they can squeeze out of the dealer.

Apologies as this has gone way OT as the current D4 offer is for NFU only! Thumbs Up

James Thumbs Up

Post #7141039th Nov 2010 4:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >