Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

best remap
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
marcon

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I live in Ireland and got my Bellautos tool in the post.Arrived home from work at around 6.30 pm set up unit on laptop(a couple of minutes)couldnt wait until next day so took a chance on e-mail to Pete ,got reply followed by phone call and was test driving D3 with upgrade in no time. Thumbs Up

Post #5476197th Nov 2009 11:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
oddboy

United Kingdom 

bellautos wrote:
buellbeast wrote:
Group Buy Whistle

Humm , il think of something to please everyone for christmass Smile , im not sure what it will be yet because the BAS box is already at a cut down price to the forum members.

Pete

christmas special availible yet ? Very Happy
 Richard
club none owner 

Post #55824630th Nov 2009 8:30 pm
wilsonmg

England 

buellbeast wrote:
I had the Autologic on my last D3 (it was very good). I fancied something different, bespoke, or are they all the same Whistle

I have the Autologic, how does is compare to BAS ?
 Still miss my D3 Sad  
Post #55828230th Nov 2009 9:22 pm
oddboy

United Kingdom 

tis december the month of festive offers Thumbs Up
 Richard
club none owner 

Post #5584521st Dec 2009 10:13 am
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Pete, I noticed from your pdf file that you can save your original ecu file. I have a Turbochip remap and I'm happy with it as I've not compared it with anything else. I also have a Faultmate MSV and I see you and Colin are working hard to release a BAS option for the Faultmate.

Now the confusion Confused Colin says that at present I will not be able to save and reapply my original ecu map (Turbochip) but your pdf file says your box will allow this. Am I missing something as I would prefer the option to revert back to my remap without extra expense if I don't find any improvement? Would I be better off with the BAS system or use the Faultmate facility when available?

Post #5586401st Dec 2009 4:51 pm
peteJ

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I understand that if 'faultmate' actually reads the engine map then even if that file is modified then it will be saved. So if you have Turbochip, JE, BELL etc then it will 'read and save' that data.

Howvever, if faultmate simply ID's the software file (and has an original matching file in it's database) then it will not actually read and save the engine map file.

You need to ask BBS whether their faultmate tool will actually 'read and save' the engine map data area??

I had my own car modified twice and the 2nd tuner simply read out Turbochip's file...saved the data then put a new modified file into the car.

Hope this helps

Maybe BBS/Bell can explain Smile

Post #5591992nd Dec 2009 12:11 pm
oddboy

United Kingdom 

peteJ wrote:

Maybe BBS/Bell can explain Smile

there too busy working out a christmas special Whistle
 Richard
club none owner 

Post #5592762nd Dec 2009 3:04 pm
AWD man

England 

My B.A.S interface has both my original modified map plus Pete's modified map on it,

If your Disco has a modified map on the ecu when you 1st download the ecu data, then you'll always have that map on the interface, (saved as an original map.)

In fact I currently have 3 maps on my interface, 2 from Pete (full and a slightly lesser one) and the original chipped map (by who knows)
 57 RRS TDV8
BAS Map
D3: Gone but not forgotten 

Post #5592792nd Dec 2009 3:10 pm
oddboy

United Kingdom 

AWD which is best then?
 Richard
club none owner 

Post #5592832nd Dec 2009 3:14 pm
AWD man

England 

In a nutshell Pete's map is smoother

The original map I had (do not know by who) had a real dead area followed by a huge surge, where as pete's has much less turbo lag with a nice smooth power/tourqe curve (almost like a N/A motor).

I'm assuming (as I'm no mapper) that Pete's is a map more centrered around tourqe, making it much easier to tow and less "stick stiring" while solo... The Auto boys may have a different map for more punch..I'm not sure, you'd have to ask Pete Thumbs Up
 57 RRS TDV8
BAS Map

Post #5597553rd Dec 2009 12:33 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

AWD man wrote:
The original map I had (do not know by who) had a real dead area followed by a huge surge, where as pete's has much less turbo lag with a nice smooth power/tourqe curve (almost like a N/A motor).

I have a switchable remap supplied by "a company" (nothing to do with any sponsors on this forum) and what you are describing is exactly how mine feels....

It has a bit of a dead area until 2100rpm and then kicks in fairly strong....it works well, but I'm not 100% convinced by it.

As soon as Pete and Colin sort out their final details, I'll be knocking on their door for a BAS/BBS remap Mr. Green
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #5597613rd Dec 2009 12:41 pm
AWD man

England 

Thumbs Up
 57 RRS TDV8
BAS Map

Post #5597713rd Dec 2009 12:52 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

To confirm a bit about the MSV2 tool, it will read and save an encrypted tool locked version of what ever is on the ecu already for back up purposes if you ever need it.

No tuned files as mentioned are stored in its database for Generic tuning , the use of ID and generic tuning is what Autologic have done and we wish to stay away from this method for our reasons id rarther not get into on a forum.
The only files that can be used without having to have come from me are standard versions ONLY.
ALL tuned files will have to be supplied by me and codded to your tool and car, just as the current BAS interface does.

Currently the tools available from BBS is the MSV2 which you can buy software modules for the D3 where needed for CCF edit flsh programming, full car diagnotics etc etc.

The tool we are working on will be a BAS branded BBS tool that is dedicated to tuning and diagnostic fault codes just as my current BAS box does with the exception it will work on the 2010 models as well as the current ones Mr. Green
It will not come as standard with CCF edit and full car diagnostics etc etc.

However you will be able to upgrade it to full MSV2 type level when ever you wish by buying software moduels for it from BBS direct.

So as an example.
You can buy a BAS/BBS remap interface from me for tuning of your car, when and if the time comes that you want to upgrade it to the full diagnostic package with ccf edit etc you can pay for the addons and it will happen with a software unlock code and will convert the tool from just a remap interface to a ful MSV2 tool.

Its primary role is to better the current BAS interface because it will also have the capeability to be used on the 2010 models EG D4 & RRS etc.

I hope that clears things up a little.

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 3rd Dec 2009 4:04 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5598833rd Dec 2009 3:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

So that's two counts now why I jumped the gun and bought too early Rolling Eyes Big Cry

Post #5598923rd Dec 2009 4:03 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Ill add to save people thinking they have got my existing BAS remap interface to early.

The new BAS interface will not be available for some weeks/months yet untill we are 100% we have completed its functions.
In its base form it will only do the same as the current BAS version does on the D3, with the capeability to be upgraded later when cars are out of warranty etc to a full diagnostic tool, and of course it will have the 2010 functions added as well.

Because the new hardware needed will be far far more complex inside and the software is changed to cope with the new 2010 stuff the cost of the tool will also rise slightly than compared to the current version bas tool.

Please remember the MSV2 was not available with D3 engine flashing when i first relesed the bas tool over 18 months agao, its only over the last few weeks where its been ready for the public release and the tuning file version of the flash file loaded is still not out yet.althow it wil be very soon.

As a remap interface if you currently have my BAS tool and have no wish to make diagnostic CCF changes to your car or have full level diagnostic capeability you have no need change it for the new version when its available.

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 3rd Dec 2009 4:22 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5598993rd Dec 2009 4:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >