Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Bi-Xenons to Adaptives
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Bi-Xenons to Adaptives

Is it possible to install adaptives on the D4 if it has Bi-Xenons or infact if it has Hallogens?
Will it just need enabling or does it need a module and/or wiring harness?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #71750718th Nov 2010 12:43 am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Anything is possibile, but it will need enabeling and some wireing and a module at least.

Ive fitted many sets of adaptives and just used the Xenons and cornering functions from the adaptive light.

Pete

Post #71750918th Nov 2010 1:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

bellautos wrote:
Ive fitted many sets of adaptives and just used the Xenons and cornering functions from the adaptive light.

Confused
What were you fitting adaptives to? Were you replacing Xenons or Hallogens.

Any idea where the module for the adaptives is located?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #71751018th Nov 2010 1:10 am
bobgolden

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

bellautos wrote:
Anything is possibile, but it will need enabeling and some wireing and a module at least.

Pete

Pete,

I was quite impressed when I encountered what I think was a Laguna at my local Morrisons last night. At first, I thought it was some pillock with his fog lamps on but it soon became apparent that the adaptive system on this particular car switched on the left/right front fog as an adaptive solution. In my opinion, a fantastic bit of lateral thought and simple engineering. If you figure that one out for the D4 then (a) I'll have it and (b) can I have 50p for each one you enable.

Bob.
 2010 MX-5 2.0 Sport Tech PRHT
2019 Suzuki Vitara AllGrip

Gone BMW X5 xDrive 30d M Sport (F15)
Gone Disco 4 HSE SD V6
Gone 2008 Jaguar XF 2.7TD Premium Luxury 

Post #71791418th Nov 2010 11:05 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

This isn't actually adaptive lighting, but rather a feature known as static bending lights in the D3/D4 (different to the cornering lamp function that Pete is talking about).

It uses a fixed (i.e. not swivelling or "adaptive") halogen bulb to illuminate the inside corner road at lower speeds when turning.

Cornering lamps come at low speeds with the indicators and are not based on the steering angle (i.e. on a roundabout and if you're not indicating, static bending lamps would come on, but cornering lamps (as per the D3/D4) wouldn't.

It is pretty cool though Very Happy I changed my bi-xenons for adaptive bi-xenons and whilst I'm still trying to find time to install the wiring and AFS ECU and associated wiring I'm just using them as normal bi-xenons and have activated the corner lamp function. When I get it all sorted, I'll activate the adaptive and static bending lamps function instead. Thumbs Up
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #71792318th Nov 2010 11:21 pm
philthejono

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I have a D3 HSE with adaptive bi-s and have got used to the 'bending of light' when cornering. Getting to the stage of purchasing a D4, but ones I've been looking at all have standard bi-s (why are they now just called xenon's by the way in the LR brochures).

Has anyone moved from adaptive to fixed xenons and does it really make all that difference?
 11 HSE Santorini Black  
Post #71866620th Nov 2010 11:50 pm
caverD3

I am doing the same and would miss the adaptives so I may have to get factory build. Won't be here till March next year. Big Cry
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #71868021st Nov 2010 12:42 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >