Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Big thank you to all
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Paul Ian

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Big thank you to all

Hi a few weeks ago my Discovery failed the MOT on bushes and advisory low tyre tread, after a heavy sigh and a check of the bank balance I decided to research the best possible prices on parts and tyres. As usual using the Disco 3 club as my first port of call , firstly as the lower ball joints were showing signs of wear I thought I would change the arms complete, via the club I used Nick alias the TLO great price service, delivery. He also did me a superb deal on the front discs and pads. many thanks to Nick. Re the tyres the guys directed me to AJ Tyres at Reigate, two of the best blokes for guidance, Andy and Dean for great advice especially in terms of their massive experience regarding tyres generally. They sorted me a great deal but as they were a fair distance away my local tyre shop managed to do me a good price, however many thanks to Andy and Dean. Really pleased with the new tyres and they look great. Many thanks also to Bodsy's brake and suspension bible invaluable when carrying out this type of repair.
I have completed all the work and I must say it was a pretty straightforward job per soaking all bolts in WD 40 is a must and marking the position of the bolts for camber is vital , I have pictures of the strip down however I need the Idiots guide for uploading them to the site!
The car drive better than ever solid, sure footed and precise , saving now for rear discs and pads and the D4 Bluetooth upgrade.

Many, many thanks to all the guys for their continued help , great site

Regards

Paul.

Post #90146825th Feb 2012 12:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >