Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

biodiesel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Haggis

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Catweasel,
My dealer was very coy about the whole thing. They told me a bit over four weeks ago that they had a VIN. They explained that this meant the chassis rails existed and build had begun - so it would be about 8 weeks away. A week later it had shipped, with a week to land. Clearly not physically possible. I came to the conclusion that too many things can go wrong between departing the factory and delivery so they pad it out a bit. Much easier to deliver early and exceed my expectations than it is to tell me it will be late.

And to be completely fair; at order I was told delivery by end of August and they came in a fortnight early.

For the sake of clarity:
The boat arrived 8th August, D3 had cleared customs by the following Friday, but it took 3 more (week)days to get to the dealer. They took just over a day to process. They also had a number to deliver from that shipment (three transporters showed up at the dealer with D3 and RRS, mine amongst them).
 D3 (06) SE TDV6, Rear Locker, Rear Air, ARB bar w/winch, Safari Snorkel, 110l aux fuel tank, Kaymar rear bar (twin wheel carrier), Black Widow rear storage system, Rhino rack, GME UHF, Codan HF, IPF HID lights, CSA Explorer 17" w/BFG Mud Terrain KM2 - see Australian 4WD Monthly #103  
Post #7997822nd Aug 2006 2:11 pm
catweasel

Haggis wrote:
For the sake of clarity
ta Thumbs Up that makes sense of a few things now

DSL, nice pic was for the photographer not the subject Ner Ner assuming that was you driving Shocked

Post #7998722nd Aug 2006 2:25 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

catweasel wrote:
DSL, nice pic was for the photographer not the subject Ner Ner assuming that was you driving Shocked

Yes it was me driving was me driving! Almost got stuck 50m before there, nothing a bit of welly did not sort out. Good job face not visible, might scare the children!

Post #7999422nd Aug 2006 2:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >