Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Blackbox Diagnostic Equiment Summer Special Discount
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
tintenter

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Yep got the call from Vicky i think ! but she couldn't set up the delivery to my work address as opposed to my registerd address for my credit card so this makes it a farce as far as i am concerned because i end up going to collect from the delivery agent instead of them bringing it to me which is what i would be paying for, if it was free delivery then yes i could understand it being the easiest option, but when i am paying for delivery i would like to choose where i have it delivered to.
 Tintenter
Corris Grey Discovery 4 HSE

Bigger permagrin now installed

Semper in excretum, sole profundum moveat. 

Post #4926418th Jul 2009 10:06 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

What you're experiencing is a common issue with distance purchasing nowadays, thanks to credit card fraud and the ease of using cloned/stolen cards.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #4926468th Jul 2009 10:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya Tintenter
Sorry about those credit card rules etc.
They do get a bit fussy about overseas mail order and i guess if you really think about it from any suppliers point of view, you can understand why.

There are some countries our merchant company will just not accept cards from at all.

The risk is apparently deemed so high we get charged 5% and as you can hopefully appreciate, we can't cover that as well as give you a great discount of a very good value for money product as it is. So we compromise with 3% which we think is fair. You can of course avoid the surcharge al together if you pay by bank transfer.

Also of course overseas shipping costs are not exactly cheap these days either. Last week i had a compressor in from TLO, cost me near 150 quid. Shocked All i can say is that we only use reputable couriers from who we get the best possible price we can for the value we are shipping, which we pass on with nothing added what so ever.

Post #4926478th Jul 2009 10:13 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tintenter

not really winging about the cost i accepted that when i placed the order Smile , just the inablility to have deleverd to my work address Sad when using my credit card
 Tintenter

Post #4926488th Jul 2009 10:16 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

From chattin with the girls in Admin they say that the solution which i believed they conveyed to you tintent is for you to contact the delivery depot of the courier and have them re route the delivery to the alternate address before it arrives with them.

From our point of view or more importantly our merchant agreements, we shipped to the address of the card holder and so the insurance criteria is met and it is the couriers responsibility for the re direction safe delivery to the client which is out of our control.

Post #4927088th Jul 2009 1:11 pm
RichardK

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Just ordered mine, upgrading from the MSV Very Happy Very Happy

Post #4927098th Jul 2009 1:12 pm
LR3GuyJoe

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

BBS

On last question I have a carputer in my D3, is there any other reason other than needing a pc to clear faults with the SV122 to get the SV222?
 Sceen name use to be "wantsanlr3"

Club Traxide
Club RLD winch mount
Club MTRs

-MY05 SE
-A frankenstein Mini '66 sportspack with a vauxhall lump
-'64 AH Sprite

Last edited by LR3GuyJoe on 8th Jul 2009 3:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #4927378th Jul 2009 2:41 pm
tintenter

i have now taken the route of trying to sort out the bank transfer, but this means i have to visit a branch as it is not something i can do from the web or over the phone so may need a couple of days for me to find the time to be away from the office during banking hours but once done should means i can get deliverd to the office.not trying to wind any one up just frustration on my part Thumbs Up
 Tintenter

Post #4927498th Jul 2009 2:57 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

They use an english bank ..i transfered money over and it was there the same day ..internet banking ..what a good idea Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #4927528th Jul 2009 3:02 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

LR3GuyJoe wrote:
I have a carputer in my D3, is there any other reason other than needing a pc to clear faults with the SV122 to get the SV222?

Let me guess....your CarPC runs Windows doesn't it?

Enough said Whistle Rolling with laughter

Seriously - my CarPC has been very reliable, but for the sake of an extra 50 pounds (not sure of the exact price) I would buy the extreme server just in case something happened and I couldn't get my PC up and running.

It can still be connected up to a PC like the Nano.

I wish I had the money spare to buy one Big Cry
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #4927638th Jul 2009 3:15 pm
LR3GuyJoe

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

haha funny I never have an issue with mine. My touchscreen is the part that gives me the most problems. But 50quid is like $80 and thats money that could be spent else where. 8)
 Sceen name use to be "wantsanlr3"

Club Traxide
Club RLD winch mount
Club MTRs

-MY05 SE
-A frankenstein Mini '66 sportspack with a vauxhall lump
-'64 AH Sprite

Post #4927918th Jul 2009 3:49 pm
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Wife wants a conservatory and I want one of these... who's going to win Question Idea Now if I took a £1 bet from each member I could afford both Wink Thumbs Up

Post #4934749th Jul 2009 6:15 pm
RTW

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Smile ,
Forgive me, but this would seem to suggest one price, ie nothing more to add other than Vat and shipping? Could someone set me straight please Smile
BBS SPY wrote:
we will contact you and offer it at just 615.54 GBP regardless of if you choose to pay by bank transfer or Credit card.

And while I'm here a couple of questions if I may..
If I bought the SV222 package, for a single vehicle, I assume it is possible to 'upgrade' later to be able to use it on other D3s? Either as a complete package or individual licenses?

Is it possible to have a SV222 that will do my D3, and also be able to work on my Disco series II as well as other DIIs?

Any of that make sense? Laughing

Richard.
 Richard.

If it 'bongs' one more time, I'm gonna drive it off a cliff! 

Post #4934939th Jul 2009 7:07 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

LRguyJoe
Nope, i think Paul pretty well summed it up (ta chap, i must have been napping somewhere) and the Extreme (SV222) is by far and away the most popular.

RTW
No problem. That quote is however taken slightly out of context. It was part of a post that explained the procedure, in that when ordering on line, the kit is shown at the full price. The on line procedure makes it appear that if you elect to pay by bank transfer someone will contact you with the details, but if you elect to pay by credit card, it is automated, implying your credit card will then automatically be debited for the non discount amount. However as i attempted to explain, you will actually be contacted in either case with a revised price for the kit you have ordered to agree before any money is taken.

The Extreme and Nano servers are extremely flexible. They are so named MSV because they can simultaneously be licensed with both MV (Multi Vehicle) and SV (Single Vehicle) licenses or any combination thereof. You can indeed therefore upgrade your license from SV to MV as many have indeed already chosen to do so when they get to experience the systems power and capability. You can also add any other vehicle in SV or MV licensed mode up to a maximum of 3 in SV any time you wish.

For anyone inclined to know the technical detail of how this works.
Each vehicle server has not one, but three consecutive serial numbers. Each one representing a totally separate license able identity. Its like having 3 separate servers. EG 12340, 12341 and 12342. There is a settings page where you can toggle the server into one of the three identities. Each one can be set by entering special codes we issue to function in one of 4 operational modes. Full MV, Fault codes only MV, Full SV or fault codes only SV.
This actually allows for configuration possibilities that we have chosen not to market.

After an identity is set to the correct operational mode you then license the software modules that you want on it. In the case of older pre ford / CAN bus cars such as the Disco II, each vehicle system is availiable as a separate module so you could buy just the ABS system license. However the later CAN bus cars systems are so networked and interlinked that we class all on board systems as one module. For SV on earlier cars we license all the different modules for every system fitted on the vehicle in question

Each of the 3 identities can only be used for only one SV car (ie you cant put two different cars on the same identity) because we have to store a lot of vehicle unique data which is linked to the identity. But for any MV, you would only ever need one identity set that way as you can licenses all modules on that same identity.

So for anyone wondering, this means that the software modules themselves are the same. Ie we only have one for each vehicle system. It is the licensed mode of the server identity in use when the software is ran on the server that causes the software to operate differently in respect of weather it should check the vehicles ID or not. Functionality wise the capability is in no way cut down on SV over MV at all.

Regardless of if i have confused or enlightened anyone, the fact is that to date no one has yet asked for any coverage requirement that the system has not been able to accommodate. We have been there and sorted it out for every situation a user may encounter.

In fact the only feedback we ever get is that its always actually a lot easier, more flexible and thought out than people imagine, so i guess we must be doing something right Rolling with laughter

Post #4935779th Jul 2009 9:09 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya All
I am most pleased that so many members / enthusiast have already taken up our July special offer and have now benefited from purchasing their very own diagnostic system for their Discovery 3's. I know from experience and feedback just how utterly empowering it feels to have equipment at your disposal that turns all the D3's built in technology from seeming to work against you to seeming to work for you.

At the risk of sounding a little self proud, i happily note that not one purchaser of our system has been dissapointed although we have had one (Andy's) that had a problem and has had to be returned to be sorted Censored .

Many will now know just what our equipment is already capable of however software development continues as ever at a relentless pace here at BBS HQ , although i have personally been really embarrassed by just how many times our Flashing stuff has supposedly been almost ready for release only to meet a major snag requiring major re thinking and major delays at the last second. But i guess that's just part of what most appreciate is a difficult process.
It is now however, as i write, already in the very capable hands of Wiggs for final pre release testing.
As soon as he has signed off on it, any of our past present and future owners can have that, as indeed they will also get what we are working on next in our smoke and mirrors department Rolling with laughter

Interestingly, our database for all the hundreds of possible flash files that our system will allow to be uploaded to the various vehicle ECU's also includes all the D4 and 2010 stuff for sport and L322, so i hope you can appreciate just how much of a job we have been dealing with behind the scenes.

Anyway, mindful of how many were dissapointed after our initial D3 forum introductory offer expired, and the fact that we do stick strictly to our guns in respect of offer dead lines, i am obliged to mention to everyone and remind that there are now only a few short days left before the 20% discount offer expires.

Post #50004926th Jul 2009 6:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >