Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Bluetooth Connection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
glasgowdave

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Bluetooth Connection

When I pair my phone with the car I usually have to put the code in about 3 or 4 times before they connect. When I come back to the car later,sometimes I need to put the code in once to reconnect and other times I have to start the whole 'search for new devices' all over again. They never hook up automatically as they should. I have tried this with 2 Sony Ericsson phones and 1 Nokia, same thing. I read in the book that the car can only pair with 7 devices, does anyone know if this is 7 in total or 7 at a time? Is it possible to clear the memory in the car's bluetooth unit?
Has anyone else had similar problems?

Post #2682755th Mar 2008 5:02 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

8 phones over BT in total (according to my info - MY08) and the system will drop off the oldest paired phone if another pairing is requested.

Sounds to me like you have an issue with the system itself or perhaps you have not set the device 'LAND ROVER' to be allowed to establish a link automatically in the phones themselves.

Usually by default a BT device will have to request pairing each time unless you set it to 'Allow' on the phone.

Your dealer should be able to reset the D3's system for you - they would need too in order to rid any stored phone numbers etc if selling 2nd hand.

The BT authorisation in the phones maybe worth a try first though.

Post #2682885th Mar 2008 5:15 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

I had all sorts of problems with getting even the wired phone to talk. Dealer in Carlisle where I was passing diagnosed a faulty phone module as it wouldn't connect properly through BT either. Module replaced by Taggarts and all has been well since - cradle or BT works without any special encouragement! I had MY07 modules. If you are having persisting probs go back to the dealer with it.

Post #2689727th Mar 2008 1:03 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >