Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Bluetooth connetivity when outside the car.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ThatMartinChap

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4
Bluetooth connetivity when outside the car.

Guys I have noticed that when I get-out of the car, lock-it, and go inside my house then the Bluetooth connection to my k750i stays active. If I recieve a call then I cannot hear anything and I assume (although I have not tested this) that the phone is still connected to the car.

Whats supposed to happen here - I thought that the BT should de-activate when you exit the car ?

I'm also having difficulties uploading the phonebook (MY08 model so should be OK) but I keep getting synchronisztion failures. This could be my phone though as the SW is a little out of date on it - so I'll flash my phone to match the reccomended SW version.

Post #23443015th Dec 2007 8:54 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Yes, the bluetooth unit in the car will take the call even though the sound system isn't active. My phone has a 'transfer to phone' button available when connected via bluetooth and I just use this (once I've finished shouting and realised what's happened again).

The wait is usually around 2 minutes before the bluetooth drops, though once or twice it's been nearer 10 minutes (my phone beeps when it disconnects or I wouldn't know).
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #23443515th Dec 2007 9:00 pm
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
.....I thought

the phone stayed active even though ignition & radio off....& it was distance away from the car that was the ruling factor....I have had the same situation both leaving the car & approaching the car.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #23446015th Dec 2007 9:52 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

FAQ's are here:

http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/_popups/b...lockLink_4

Although BT works within a range of 10 metres or so ...it will only work while the vehicle is awake i.e. If in the morning you approach the vehicle... BT only becomes active if you are within 10 metres and you have unlocked the doors...

..likewise when you leave the vehicle and lock up... BT will still be active until you are either outside the 10 metre range or the motor has gone to sleep. So as I suspect you are parking on your drive and that is next to the house ....then the car will pick up until canbus sleeptime Wink

Hope that makes some sense Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #23447615th Dec 2007 10:49 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I think it's cute. A bit like having a baby monitor that tells you when your D3 has gone to sleep Wink

Mine usually nods off after about 30 sec, confirmed by the phone beeping. It remains connected much further than 10m though ... more like 50m.
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #23451816th Dec 2007 12:41 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

DaveT wrote:
than 10m though ... more like 50m.

Yes mine varies too...I say 10 metre's because that's the 'official' operating conditions quoted in the BT specification. Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #23452016th Dec 2007 12:52 am
ThatMartinChap

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

yes thats exactly the case - the cars on the drive and the phone is usually dumped in the hallway.

My phone usually has a "take call in phone" option but this has suddenly stopped working. I am going to try with a different phone and see if it is the phone.

Post #23456916th Dec 2007 2:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >