DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Bluetooth Hands Free Install (Not Easy)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
daveh

Austria 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Bluetooth Hands Free Install (Not Easy)

Hi all

This is my first post on this site, thought I had better put something back into such a useful site. I bought the LR Bluetooth kit for disco 3 complete from a seller on E-bay who actually turned out to be some young kid at a LR dealer! Not sure if they were supposed to sell the kit but they did for a reasonable price of £320.00. I received the kit and was very impressed with the quality but a little put off with the fitting instructions, didn’t know about GTR site. Anyway with true Engineers ignorance I set about installing the kit. NOT EASY! I have put some photos of the car in bits on the drive in my gallery, just for anyone who is thinking of fitting one. The two main parts, Bluetooth receiver and voice box fit on the inside of the main centre consol, this is a nightmare to get off. The wiring loom then routes round quite well and plugs into existing systems on the car. Once installed and working I am very impressed with the system and find myself trying to speak fast when telling the car the number I want to call just to see how good it system is, and I think its fantastic, even better when I found out LR charge about £600 to supply and fit the kit. It did however take me about 5 hours, which as I have read on other topics isn’t too bad as some LR dealers have had cars two days to fit the kit. Laughing

Post #1000379th Nov 2006 12:29 am
Chris200100

Wales 

I fitted one of these kits a while back and I did the cooler box and spotlights at the same time.

It's a good kit and works very well only one thing with it no phone info comes up on the radio.

Fitting it wasn't to hard in my eyes but you do have to take alot apart to fit it.

Post #1000409th Nov 2006 12:41 am
daveh

Austria 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Yes agree with the no info on radio, I usually leave my phone open and put it into the the right hand cup holder for caller ID.

The other part that is a little disappointing is that only twenty voice tagged numbers can be saved. But all in all I think it works well

Post #1000449th Nov 2006 1:12 am
DiscoStu

England 

Hi Chris. Hope you had a good day yesterday.

My current loaner has PTI (at least I presume it has - shark fin on roof?). How does this compare with the BT hands free? I see you don't get the number on the radio, but do you get it on the 'info' screen on the dash? Do you get any of the voice controls? Does it cut out the radio? Cheers, Stu.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #10508527th Nov 2006 6:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >