Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Bluetooth news
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Pelyma

England 
Bluetooth news

I found this post on Car Spy Shots today posted by Skieast, he seems to work for a dealer so lets hope it's true! Very Happy

Just so everyone knows.
The factory fit bluetooth option is now 'orderable' and we (North American dealers) should see it on April production vehicles. $400US/650CAD

The retro-fit kit is to be announced 'real soon now' and below is all I have on the topic.

Here is some information on the above mentioned subject.

The Bluetooth retailer accessory is to be made available to retailers for order within days now that testing has been completed. The accessory is retro-fittable to any 2005MY LR3 and provides greater functionality for approved phones than the factory fit given its integration into the vehicle through 'hard wiring' (example: 3 watt signal strength, phone recharging, phone book access, etc). An official bulletin will be released on this to Canadian and US retailers shortly.

Post #81418th Feb 2005 11:25 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

This makes only some sense.

The timing would appear to be consistent with what I understand to be the case.

The functionality stated, though, is a red herring.

The hardwired version provides greater functionality than the Bluetooth connected phone. The factory fitted, or post factory fitted, kit consists of only a few bits:

If you don't have Voice in the vehicle already, you get a microphone. Otherwise, the only bits that are fitted in addition to standard fit parts are the Transceiver Module, Antenna (the bulgy thing in the roof), the base plate adaptor that goes into the centre console cubby box lid, a suitable adaptor cradle and the additional steering wheel switches.

With a phone docked in the cradle you can control the phone by voice or the infotainment system (IHU).

It is the Transceiver Module that contains the Bluetooth. If you only have this, and not the additional hardwired cradle and adaptor plate, you only get limited functionality.

Happy to try and answer any specific questions that people may have.

Post #82518th Feb 2005 5:53 pm
DiscoMad

Quote:
The accessory ........... provides greater functionality for approved phones than the factory fit given its integration into the vehicle through 'hard wiring' (example: 3 watt signal strength, phone recharging, phone book access, etc).

This is surely incorrect ! the factory fit version provided integration to the headunit and has the option for the hard wiring mentioned, providing signal boost, charging and additional capabilities (probably only on Nokia phones though Smile).

For this hardwiring, both systems will need a matching cradle that fits in the central cubby.

For more information I suggest you log onto the owners manual section of the LR techincal information site and read some of the documents lodged there - fitting an accessory kit seems to need most of the car to be stripped ! Also worth a look is the loverly RR06 touch screen integration ...but we dont get that guys.

Winger - If you have more accurate (LR engineering sourced), detailed information, such as approved phones (or those that will work), actual features, etc I would be happy to learn about the factory fit PTI system.
However, if your information is from the published service manual (I have all of that), take care - it appears to be an early version and doesnt always relflect reality.

Thanks

Post #83018th Feb 2005 6:27 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

The phones that will work will be those that are already offered for both the Range Rover and Freelander. There is quite a long list, and they are not only Nokia.

Post #83318th Feb 2005 6:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >