Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Bluetooth phone question.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Mine is factory fitted, but I am not using the cradle, as I said in my post.

My local dealer told me that the phone kit could also be fitted as a dealer fit accessory, though I'd need to check specifically about the cradle element.

The Bluetooth part works using the steering wheel controls, the voice activation on the system. radio display and the keypad on the radio. When I get around to upgrading the phone there is additional functionality that the Bluetooth connection doesn't operate.

Post #31524th May 2005 12:52 pm
Pelyma

England 

Martin, with comments like that you need to get back to revision Wink
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #31574th May 2005 2:15 pm
cmyers_uk

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

My Dealer has recommended the Nokia 6230. The phone also has to have a software version later than 4. He is getting me the key presses to check the version. With that combination everything works as designed and the voice / sound is perfect. I will be trying this combo so will let you know!

Post #31624th May 2005 5:58 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

cmyers_uk wrote:
He is getting me the key presses to check the version.

Cmyers, *#0000# is the Nokia keypress to get at the software version Smile

Martin

Post #31644th May 2005 6:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

I am waiting for the Nokia 6230i, which will be out (or with Vodafone at least) on 18th May. That's why I haven't tried the cradle yet, but the 6310i works a dream with Bluetooth, and once paired you need do nothing other than get in, turn on the ignition and your connected.

Post #31654th May 2005 6:27 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

For £600 the dealer fit PTI had better be very very good.

I feel a little agrieved. Something that was a @£300 option when I bought the car, but was told I could not have it. I believe that it is still about £300 ish pound option on a new car now, but I have to pay double for the priviledge of being a guinea pig!!

I can understand the dealers argument that it takes several hours to fit, but I can't understand why they won't at least try to argue with Land Rover to try and get some money back, to help their customers get satisfaction.

I feel the urge to write another letter.

Post #31754th May 2005 8:44 pm
DiscoMad

Gareth, Look for threads by nigelpugh - he has had this fitted and wasnt too impressed (maybe also look at landrover chronicle)

The factory fit PTI is £350 just for the record.

and I agree fully with you.

Post #31774th May 2005 9:24 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

The D3 although very good mechanically is not so good, in fact having dismal reviews regarding the standard of it's electrics/electronics. No. 1 in my "wish list" is the full PTI phone system, which I bought from new!! but since my vehicle is an early build, 18th Nov, LR didn't have the PTI available then and ONLY NOW are issueing D3's with the full PTI system, which I understand is pretty good. This isn't a "technical problem" per se but LR's lack of customer commitment to it's loyal customers. If ever there was a case to go to the press it revolves around LR's botched PTI introduction and half hearted dealer fit PTI system. This is purely politics, and it seems LR are NOT fulfilling their commitment to us the customer as they should. I have the greatest respect and admiration of my LR deealer, but they too are left in the dark and await LR to resolve this issue.

For such an amazing vehicle as the D3 is, why LR lets silly issues such as the PTI phone system drag them through the mud - no pun intended Smile and poor, and it would seem exposed, wiring/electrics cause misery to this fine vehicle. LR customer service are appalling and maybe trading standards and watchdog ought to shame LR on these issues. Twisted Evil

Post #31814th May 2005 10:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
brynwhyte

We had the retro fitted system fitted to my Wifes March 2005 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE. cost £400.00p. This was the second system that my dealer has fitted on Disco 3. Sadly the store number facilaty was for what ever reason not installed at the time. It now has to go back again for installation. Great system However unlike the Range Rover 05 model year hands free kit. There is no phone cradle available yet until about September 2005 (Another £200.00p) So in my Wifes £42,000.00p car having paid another £400.00p for the handsfree Bluetooth facilaty we have to charge the Nokia 6230 phone, via a cigar lighter lead snaking around the dashboard!!!

Come on Landrover you have a fantastic vehicle here with a technical over site!! Can we get real on paying £600.00p for a Land Rover phone system? I have personally been a guinea Pig on the new 05 Range Rover TD6 Vogue, which had numerous failings on its new Touch screen system that I personnally higlited to Land Rover and my dealer. Eventually after a stressfull long winded affair, they succumbed and replaced the Range Rover. My new one is spot on thank christ! How many more Guines pigs are out there evaluting Land Roverws at our expence??
 Drove the Range Rover Sport yesterday. Clever marketing from Land Rover. Same chassis as the Disco 3 Minor alterations inside with a new shell. Will never make a Range Rover. Own a 05 model TD6 Vogue and Disco TDV6 HSE.  
Post #355720th May 2005 10:13 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

The cradle for the 6230 is available, and to prove it I have one.

Post #355820th May 2005 10:27 am
brynwhyte

I know the Nokia 6230 cradle is available, but the cabling for the centre consul box for the cradle to be clipped into is not. It comes out with the "Range Rover" Sport later this year. I spoke to Land Rover UK, yesterday. If you have this consul please advise where you came across it??

My dealer actually handed me the NOKIA 6230 cradle, for my Wifes vehicle, to which I replied "Great, where does it clip into the consul"!
Followed by above comment from Land Rover.
 Drove the Range Rover Sport yesterday. Clever marketing from Land Rover. Same chassis as the Disco 3 Minor alterations inside with a new shell. Will never make a Range Rover. Own a 05 model TD6 Vogue and Disco TDV6 HSE.  
Post #355920th May 2005 10:35 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

I see; I have the factory installation, so the full works are already there. Strange that the factory has the cabling and that they cannot make it available for the dealer to fit. I assume that if the dog chewed it, a replacement part could be ordered....thought about that route?

Post #356020th May 2005 10:52 am
Neil R

Replacement car

Hi, brynwhyte

I too had a similar resolve, I had a suspension problem on my D3 which i got in November and to date my dealer hasnt managed to fix it, two weeks ago i took delivery of a replacement vehicle which is 100% fault free, finally i can enjoy my new car, and i did 10000 miles for free and went up a number plate

I have nothing but praise for the way my dealer has handled my situation, its a shame LR dont handle their customers like this instead of leave the dealer to clean up their mess.

There is hope and it makes a change to post good news

cheers Neil
 2005 Java Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 HS (GONE)
Stormer wheels, SC Grills, Tow pack,PTI,Adaptive lights,Useless coolerbox (GONE)

2010 RRS HSE Santorini/Ivory TDV8 Overfinch'd 

Post #356120th May 2005 11:16 am
brynwhyte

I agree, we have a mirror situation here, except I managed to squeeze in 15,000 miles for my new vehicle which was registered in March 05. Your right though, the Dealer: mine being Rossleigh's of Durham were excellent the General Manager: Mr David Hall, fought my corner all the way. Land Rover UK were adapt to slooping shoulders and passing on there inadequacys to the dealer who only retail the product.
The vehicles are superb. I drove the old Disco's and TD5 defenders in the middle East 90 to 98 swearing blind I would not touch Land Rover product's. Now I own two. I eat my hat!!
Post #356220th May 2005 11:30 am
brynwhyte

Hi Winger

Your obviously fortunate to own one of the newer vehicle's built after March 05, which I beleive you can now order factory fitted. Although mine was registered in March 05, it was one of the first off the production line back in October 04.
Post #356320th May 2005 11:33 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >