Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Borrow a D3?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Renquist

United Kingdom 
Borrow a D3?

Hi I'm looking into getting a Disco3 and I'd like to have more of a test drive than my local dealer offered, a quick blast on the A66 seemed to be all thats available.
I want to try it out to see if I can put up with such a huge car, are 24 hour test drives non existent with Land Rover dealers or do you have to go to Land Rover them selves?

Post #11940613th Jan 2007 9:48 pm
karl

United Kingdom 

I Don't know what the dealers can offer, but give your nearest Land Rover Experiance centre a ring, to see what they can offer... you will have to pay, but it would give you a good idea of what the D3 is like off road and on... They usually try to give you an on road test drive in all road conditions... town, country and motorway.
 D3 TDV8 HSE on order, Should Arrive 2017. If i'm lucky.  
Post #11941913th Jan 2007 11:31 pm
Matt

Wales 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Go back and ask for a longer test drive .When I had a test drive the first drive lasted for around 30mins .When I got back to the Dealers said I was not sure if I would buy.Had a phone call a few days later for another test drive took me out for 2hours ,motorway A & B roads .
Bought a 1year old TDV6 S .If thay wont let you have the longer test drive goto a different Dealer.
Regards
Matt
 Discovery 4 SDV6 XS Firenze Red Ebony Leather

Club DuraTrac BLACK POWDER COATED 19 hse wheels
Disco 3 gone but not forgotten 

Post #11942113th Jan 2007 11:32 pm
Alex08

Scotland 
Test Drive experience

We were testing quite a few 4x4s when considering the Disco and ALL the dealers were happy to give us the car for the day (9-5) with no salesman which gave a good opportunity to give things a good test! Oh except Toyota who couln't manage to find an Amazon demonstrator ANYWHERE that they could give us during the 2 month period we were looking. But they would have given it for the day if they had found one (so no sale there)!

LR (not the dealers) also sent us to a half day LR experience which was very useful to show off all the Disco could do that we were afraid to try with the car we had for the day. If the dealer won't offer this, contact LR directly and speak to someone from sales there. This experience was probably at least 50% of the reason we went for the Disco in the end.

Post #11946814th Jan 2007 10:20 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Shukers of shrewsbury gave me a long weekend. If they think your serious and push the point about not spending 45k on a car without a proper test drive, they should be fine. I tested landcruiser for a weekend, ML for a short drive then gave up because i knew the disco was the way to go......
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #11947214th Jan 2007 11:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Renquist

United Kingdom 

Cheers guys, I'll give them a call this week.

Post #11947814th Jan 2007 11:11 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Test Drive experience

Alex08 wrote:
Oh except Toyota who couln't manage to find an Amazon demonstrator ANYWHERE that they could give us during the 2 month period we were looking. But they would have given it for the day if they had found one (so no sale there)!

Toyota are as bad in the U.K. as here? They could not give us a test drive in a diesel (tried four dealers). They were disinterested in trying to find one, so I walked away. Probably would have anyway, too expensive for what you get.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #11957714th Jan 2007 9:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >