DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Brake & clutch pedal travel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

DaveT wrote:
Thanks for all the info.
I had wondered whether the brake pedal operates directly on a fluid cylinder (mechanical), or whether there is some electronic input (ie a fly-by-wire pedal??) given the way that the handbrake can apply the brakes in its emergency mode.
there is 'fly by wire input' after the brake master cylinder, this is done by the ABS modulator under control of TC, HDC, EPB and other systems, It's possible to push the pedal to the floor on mine too, I suspect it's related to the brake servo action as a quick release and reapply will only allow it to be pushed approximately halfway down. I would still take it to the dealer as the clutch action doesn't sound right  
Post #681955th Jul 2006 10:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Update.
Checked with dealer. This behaviour is normal (believe they tried a few other cars). The servo really is that powerful!

This was checked by comparison back at the time, and by technical testing whilst the car was in for Enhancement today.
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #8187531st Aug 2006 11:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >