Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Brake pedal goes all the way to the floor (!)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
zarnd

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Just seen your other thread as well, so know all about it now!

cheers
 Alex

2007 D3 TDV6 HSE
2009 Caterham Supersport
2005 FFRR Vogue SE 4.2 Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG 

Post #65900810th Jun 2010 5:13 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Brakes got worse early on, oil was found in servo and the master cylinder, servo, vacline were all replaced under warranty. Happened again after warranty had expired but oil had not reached the servo. So just replaced the tubing with the modfied spagetti but charged it to extended warrraty. Since then braking has been excellent does not need much effort and is conistant.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #65923411th Jun 2010 1:08 am
Renton

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Eureka!

After stealer telling me yesterday that my car was outside the VIN range and would not be repaired under warranty (after talking to LR Holland) I called LR UK this morning.
I explained them the situation and they immediately said that if my car had the same symptons it should be repaired under warranty. They then gave me the correct phonenumber of the Dutch LR office and within a minute they accepted the claim and instructed the dealer to do the repair Mr. Green
Big Thumbs Up for LR headquarters but very dissappointed in the dealer. I doubt if they even bothered calling LR.

SO EVERBODY WITH THIS OIL/BRAKE/VACUUM PROBLEM OUTSIDE THE VIN RANGE, DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER FROM A DEALER!! IF THEY PERSIST, CALL LR CUSTOMER CARE IN YOUR COUNTRY OR EVEN LR HEADQUARTERS UK!!
 CLUB ILLEGAL CAR WASHERS  
Post #65934811th Jun 2010 10:55 am
caverD3

Renton wrote:

SO EVERBODY WITH THIS OIL/BRAKE/VACUUM PROBLEM OUTSIDE THE VIN RANGE, DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER FROM A DEALER!! IF THEY PERSIST, CALL LR CUSTOMER CARE IN YOUR COUNTRY OR EVEN LR HEADQUARTERS UK!!

Thumbs Up

And Tell VOSA or DOTARS in OZ or whatever it is in your country. If you know a journo tell them. Rolling Eyes
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #65939011th Jun 2010 1:17 pm
zarnd

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Good result then! Nice one.
 Alex

2007 D3 TDV6 HSE
2009 Caterham Supersport
2005 FFRR Vogue SE 4.2 Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG 

Post #65939311th Jun 2010 1:28 pm
Disco3leigh

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Brake fault complete change out by Landrover

Well after dozens of phone calls and stress, I finally have my D3 back with a new brake booster, Vacuum pump, servo and pipe at Land Rovers expense...Well kinda! I did have to have it transported 1600km to the nearest LR stealer and hire a care for a week when it didn't turn up on time and then drive it all the way back home. Aside from that expensive lesson, I hope this has highlighted that the D3 brake faults are there in all models prior to the VIN range listed in the Recall action P017. Anyone with an early model D3 need to investigate this and use my story as an example that LR need to extend there recall from the very first D3 imported into Australia until the vacuum pump system was changed in 2009.

I was well and truly given the run around by LR Perth, from "sorry sir it’s outside of warranty" to "because you were not the original owner of the vehicle you don’t have a leg to stand on and will have to pay the $1600 if you want it done". As a positive I finally got LR customer care and the wheeler stealer to talk, fill in the PCR (Paperwork for LR England) including measuring the amount of brake fluid in the boost with a syringe??? And they picked up the tab on the grounds of "GOOD WILL". I did then remind them that if I had of had an accident that caused my family any harm the court would of been the place we would have been discussing this issue. I will be notifying the government on this case and hopefully they can pressure LR to extend this recall to pre 2009 models. Not a pleasant experience but its good to have my D3 home and back to its best. Confused
 I have become an expert at working on my D3 by necessity not want
2005 TDV6 SE 

Post #66230919th Jun 2010 5:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bushwanderer

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Glad that you got it sorted and that LR, eventually, came to the party. Thumbs Up

Best Wishes,
Peter
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #66258520th Jun 2010 3:07 am
Ian 2206

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Can someone please share a link to the form on the VOA web site mentioned in this thread, please. Thanks.
 D3 HSE, Stornoway grey, 2007 MY, side steps, privacy glass, door protection strips.  
Post #66622929th Jun 2010 8:19 pm
Glen

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I had a similar very scary moment to Neil yesterday heading home from a week with the outlaws. Started braking for a roundabout and there was nothing there. The pedal moved a bit then went absolutely solid with virtually no retardation. How I missed the car on the roundabout is anyone's guess - they nearly ended up wearing 3 tonnes of Disco, family and dogs etc. Fortunately, for some reason I had taken my foot off the gas a bit earlier than usual which saved me a few feet of stopping space.

A long trip home on the back of a Green Flag lorry followed. I've just dispatched the car to the dealer this morning - it will be interesting to hear their view but the symptoms are all the same as others have mentioned here. The car is well out of warranty and I haven't had a recall but I am not in the mood for paying!

It is quite frightening that the car has this potential fault. We were VERY lucky not to have a major accident - it could have been much worse.

Cheers
Glen

Post #7107001st Nov 2010 4:10 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

From Methley's post:

DSL wrote:
Had this with mine (oil in servo pipe on 06MY, manf Aug 05ish) even though it was outside recall range. Dealer said they'll do the recall but I'd have to hope for a goodwill warranty claim from LR. Called LR as not happy bunny, they said after they got the VIN that the recall range was being extended but it was not released yet (back in Aug). Got recall done but not happy that I had to rant at LR to get it done. Still haven't heard of VIN range extended here. Evil or Very Mad

Post #7107021st Nov 2010 4:19 pm
Glen

Dealer has just phoned - oil in servo and pipe (sound familiar?). Needs new servo, master cylinder pipe etc. £695 to you Sir. Told him to go away and speak to LR as it was pure luck that we were not involved in a serious accident. The car is definitely not in the (old) recall range and well out of warranty but hopefully they'll see my point of view (with a little help!!)

Post #7107181st Nov 2010 5:17 pm
caverD3

Well known issue to LR.
Are you in the new recall VINs?
Check here:

http://disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpic...20extn.pdf

If you have problems write to VOSA.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #7108151st Nov 2010 8:26 pm
Glen

Success! LR have just rung to say they will pay after all Very Happy . They initially refused (as expected) but after I very calmly explained that my car had suffered the failure addressed by the recall they went back to the dealer for a further report. That seems to have done the job.

Thank you for your help gents - it makes it a whole lot easier to argue with LR with the knowledge to back it up!

Cheers
Glen

Post #7120154th Nov 2010 3:18 pm
Q86ARR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Manual Bali BlueDiscovery 4

P017 recall has now been extended to cover all 2.7TDV6 D3s and Sports!

Post #7121524th Nov 2010 8:44 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Bout time too!! Thumbs Up

Post #7122254th Nov 2010 10:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >