Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

bye bye LR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

test drove the hyundai ix55 3.0l tdv6 240bhp premium. nice drive (needs 3000-4000rpm to wake up the horses though), good seats, hse options included in price, with discount half the price of the d4 hse.

no good off road, but as second car with 7 seats. Do much prefer d4, but at twice the price ?
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #59321229th Jan 2010 11:06 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Yes of course twice the price!!! Worth every penny compared to the Hyundai

The Hyundai interior is appalling, the minor switch gear is a disaster, it may say seven seats but adults could not sit in the third row, D4 peak torque is available at VERY low engine speeds, x55 has so much body roll and understeer that getting along quickly on A roads would be impossible and they don't sell x55 in the UK (I don't think)
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #59331730th Jan 2010 10:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I went into my local dealers yesterday and sales manager showed me docs showing their "allocation" - they only have 6 vehicles allocated this month, even if they could sell many more Shocked

Only 1 was a D4 and two were the Special edition FL2's, but only a black and a white one.

They admit they are loosing a lot of business cos people wont wait to be put on a researve list !!
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #59337230th Jan 2010 12:39 pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

yet they're ringing me up offering me an experience day and offering a D4 test drive...looks like there is a lack of global strategy
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6

Post #59337530th Jan 2010 12:43 pm
rodneydisco3

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Having read most of this thread, I think we are all saying that in the change from D3 to D4 LR have reduced the spec and increased the price. It is true if you look at the spec for the last D3 HSE, the D4 HSE has lost some of the kit which is now on the options list.

If you look at other manufacturers they, during 2009 increae list prices by about 15% but it does not show on the forecourt because they discount back to pre increae price as they have to, if they are to sell cars that have no waiting list.

It looks to me LR, in pricing the D4 have done some price increae and some reduction in kit, very likly imposing the neccessary price increase.

A shortage of LR cars means no discount at present. although i did find an 8% discount on offer through a web site.

Friend has just tried to change his 3 yr RR for new one but it is 12 weeks delivery.

This does not help any body but i try to put a brave face on a poor situation.
 Rodey L

2018 Discovery 5 3L HSE Idris silver and black
14MY liore Blue/Almond HSE (now with new custodian)
Discovery 3 09MY Gaulway Green/Almond (now with new custodian)
1933 MG J2
1934 MG PA
1935 MG PB 

Post #59340330th Jan 2010 1:40 pm
sock

United Kingdom 

I've managed a £4500 discount on my HSE with a few options. I think it was purely by luck mind you!

Post #59352330th Jan 2010 6:02 pm
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

mwestcrew wrote:
Yes of course twice the price!!! Worth every penny compared to the Hyundai

The Hyundai interior is appalling, the minor switch gear is a disaster, it may say seven seats but adults could not sit in the third row, D4 peak torque is available at VERY low engine speeds, x55 has so much body roll and understeer that getting along quickly on A roads would be impossible and they don't sell x55 in the UK (I don't think)

Yeah, the display is garish, the switch gear not as nice etc, but the drive train is good and low down torque can be improved with a tune and I could sit in the 3rd row. Off road is a non no but for doing the job of getting fom one place to another it was really quite good. Adding a bit of switch gear, ambient lights, air sunspension, more diffs and tarting up the front shouldn't really double the price IMHO. Still looks better than a porker.
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #59377030th Jan 2010 11:06 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Embarassed have to admit that i've used a santa fe' and a tuscon and they both gave the bmv x3 a good run for money, the spec was WAY above bmw , the handling was good in snow and they drove pretty good, the bmw x3 slipped a disc, cost a bomb and whilst it handled in a really fun way through the pass at st anton, i would not have been happy if i'd paid my own money for it....
 one wife.......livid  
Post #59377530th Jan 2010 11:25 pm
DingMark

Iraq 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I ended up having to order a D4 HSE to replace the stolen D3, also for the seats. Because of an Aussie tax incentive quirk, it was a rush deal (had to do <1Jan to get a $36k tax rebate). If I'd had the time, I probably would have got a lesser model and just put in Riccaro seats. There's been a few people around here who do that sort of thing. Of course we don't need heated seats here (but chilled ones would be great). It may be an option for others.
 Jim Dowell - D4 HSE TDi, 12,000 hydraulic winch & hidden winch mount, MTRs, TyreDog, Traxide 2 x aux battery system, fixed air compressor, Dolium roof rack, MitchHitch.
RIP 2005 D3 HSE V8 5 seater gold (stolen and torched) 

Post #59379431st Jan 2010 3:37 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >