Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

How can I find out if my car was an LRE car?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
How can I find out if my car was an LRE car?

I suspect that my D3 might have been an LRE car. I know it has had a RAI previously and I also suspect it has had an Expo rack. I also know it has had front spots and last night realised that it had previously had a winch. XTC suggested that the way the wiring was done was the way that LRE cars are wired and as it is silver I wonder if it might be an ex LRE car. I know originally it was owned by Hitachi finance and spent some time in the kent area.

Anyone know how I can check? I'm not worried about it, just interested in its history.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #67464421st Jul 2010 1:51 pm
2DISCO3ORNOT

I spent ages trying to find exactly the same info last year when I was buying. Turns out mine was a lease car.
I eventually got some inside info, not much but, they are almost always silver, they have rear air con and a cubby fridge, also a locking rear diff, the mileage the dealer is selling at will probably be under 10k if its come straight from the LRE dept. The wheel and tyre combination might not be what you expect for the mileage of the vehicle, ie the ATR's are off and the Goodyear standards back on so too much tread for the mileage. Also check whether or not the vehicle is VAT qualifying, you know if its been owned by a leasing company!
Have a good look underneath her mine was still decorated with bits of offroad Censored, a bit of a give away.
I hope this helps.
I shied away in the end, too much money for a thrashed car! Thumbs Up

Post #67466121st Jul 2010 2:35 pm
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I've had mine for ages, so I'm not really worried if it was or wasn't an LRE car, I'm just interested. In terms of driving off road, it's probably been driven harder off road by me than by any LRE day, they treat them pretty carefully and drive them really quite slowly. They are also well maintained. They don't like cars breaking down when they have a perspective customer in them!

Mine doesn't have rear Air Con though and as far as I know no locking rear diff, but to be honest I don't tend to be looking at the 4x4 info screen in a situation where the rear diff is likely to lock up anyway.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #67466421st Jul 2010 2:41 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Quote:
I shied away in the end, too much money for a thrashed car!

from what we did on our LRE i wouldnt say the cars are thrashed at all, in anything i'd say they are VERY well looked after,,

the day i did mine it was pooping it down with rain and when we got back to the centre there wasn't mud anywhere on the bodywork apart from the wheels...

i'd have no issue with an LRE car at all..
 one wife.......livid  
Post #67467021st Jul 2010 2:50 pm
2DISCO3ORNOT

Im sure you are both right, I was just spooked by the low mileage and the sales guy.......5K on a 07 plate last year and he was terribly keen to get rid of it Rolling Eyes

Post #67467721st Jul 2010 2:59 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Stu wrote:
I don't tend to be looking at the 4x4 info screen in a situation where the rear diff is likely to lock up anyway.

ISTR go into low box, rock crawl mode & offroad height and move forward, your diffs (1 or two if you have reat) should show locked on the 4x4 screen. Worked on SWMBO's for central diff, know she doesn't have a rear locker.

Post #67469521st Jul 2010 3:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >