DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Can I pick your brain?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Rich71

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Can I pick your brain?

As in the title.

My car went in for a service today, 60k, and I asked the stealer to investigate what sounds like a wheel bearing on the offside front wheel. I asked the garage to do that bearing earlier this month which they say they did.
I have just had a call from them telling me its the track rod ends, so my question is would track rod ends make a similar noise and feel as a bearing?
Also they say that the offside rear upper suspension link ( i think) is knackered. They did the bushes for me on the upper rear suspension back in october, should they not have noticed the link being worn at the time or are they just blinkerd by the job in hand if you see what i mean. The service reception chap I have just spoken to tells me that the feeling there is that the tyres (MTR's) would be causing these problems which I think is BS as Landrover fit these tyres themselves to G4 event vehicles as you all know.
I'm intersted to know what you all think as I have to take it back to them on Monday so that an engineer from the warranty company can take a look at the car as theres been several claims this year for steering and suspension issues. The warranty is Landrovers own Approved used vehicle sheme.

Thanks

Post #59215728th Jan 2010 4:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >