Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Can't Decide
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
POINTYED

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

DiscoDad wrote:

Not as many silver ones though. Perhaps silver is losing it's popularity at long last!

Nnnnnoooooooooo !!!!!!!!! Big Cry Big Cry
 life is tooooo short.enjoy the moment.dont worry be happy

club BSS 

Post #7559163rd Feb 2011 6:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Laughing

I think the amount of silver cars on the roads is the reason that DRLs have become compulsory!

Post #7559173rd Feb 2011 7:28 am
Iron Ada 2

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hello all - not new but not been on for a while...apologies for the long piece but having a can't decide moment! Have just ordered a D4 XS to replace my silver D3 HSE (Jan 08, 27,000 miles, RLD and TV). Like many, the price increases mean that we have had to drop a level but no bad thing (although it feels like it!) given that we also own a steam traction engine and have 2 young kids to look after without footballer wages. Anyway having had all the toys on the HSE I am trying to convince myself that I don't need all of the toys. I really won't miss the sunroof, not sure we actually ever opened it...and the TV was also pretty pointless. The RLD although a nicety never came into action as far as I know and we tow some big stuff over some pretty muddy/rough terrain in the course of doing the steam engine thing. Premium leather likewise looked really good for a few months but now I never notice it and it is always covered in kids rubbish anyway; rear heated seats never go on as kids in back in 'kid seats', I would miss the xenons I think and certainly the premium stereo which I love; the offroad nav I have never used either but I gather that can be 'activated' on the XS. The lack of armrests and electric seats is certainly annoying on a car of this price but I think we can survive without them for the sake of saving 800 quid. The only extras we are definitely having are 'not white' (although I quite like it actually), a tow bar with ball and jaw unit for pulling the caravan and sankey trailer on a NATO hitch, and the xenon lights (banging those on the credit card and not telling the wife....!). However I am thinking that I should get the stereo upgrade despite the sure fact that I won't get anything back come resale time - anyone reckon it's worth it? ......and so to the second uncertainty WHAT flipping colour. We have had black leather in both our HSEs (first was Buckingham blue) but we now feel like a change and despite mucky kids and a mucky hobby we love the look of the Almond and Arabica combination and feel a balanced car colour would be good. So we are favouring Nara Bronze (wife preference) with the light interior but I also like the Ipanema Sand (presumably with black leather over the Almond?). As we have to decide by tomorrow views would be welcome - any views or thought on combinations in fact. Just out of interest we got 27,500 back on our HSE (paid only 30,000 2.4 years ago which seems pretty good we think?) Smile
 HSE Black - Orkney Grey, ivory leather, privacy glass, tow bar. GBNF - Discover 4 XS Nara Bronze (11); Discovery 3 HSE, Zermatt Silver (57); Discovery 3 HSE, Buckingham Blue (55); Volvo V70 Titanium SE (53); Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE, Denim Blue (02); Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, Black (99-V); VW Corrado VR6, Red (92-K); Toyota MR2, Racing Green (94-M); Nissan Sunny GTI, Red (92-K); Mk1 Toyota MR2 T-bar, Red (89-G); Citroen AX GT, Red (87-E); Talbot Horizon, Snot Green (83-A, I think).  
Post #76787727th Feb 2011 8:07 pm
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

If you want Xenons, get in touch with Pete at BAS (site sponsor) I'm sure that his prices are still far less than LR. He travels to shows so may well be down your neck of the woods when you take delivery. Pete can also activate some of the gizmos that LR haven't

I have Nara Bronze with Black Leather. I wish I'd explored the option of the brown leather option as it would have been a better contrast.

Definitely get a full a full size spare as an option (pretty cheap) and Rear Camera plus the Tow Electrics.

Bill Wright Thumbs Up
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Last edited by Bill Wright on 27th Feb 2011 9:09 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #76788727th Feb 2011 8:21 pm
Iron Ada 2

Thanks Bill. One for Nara B... Is the full size spare a proper alloy wheel as per the other four?
 HSE Black - Orkney Grey, ivory leather, privacy glass, tow bar. GBNF - Discover 4 XS Nara Bronze (11); Discovery 3 HSE, Zermatt Silver (57); Discovery 3 HSE, Buckingham Blue (55); Volvo V70 Titanium SE (53); Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE, Denim Blue (02); Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, Black (99-V); VW Corrado VR6, Red (92-K); Toyota MR2, Racing Green (94-M); Nissan Sunny GTI, Red (92-K); Mk1 Toyota MR2 T-bar, Red (89-G); Citroen AX GT, Red (87-E); Talbot Horizon, Snot Green (83-A, I think).  
Post #76790627th Feb 2011 9:00 pm
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

The full size spare is exactly the same as the other four. Get a plate from Uncle Ray (RLD on here) to protect your investment.

Bill Thumbs Up
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #76791427th Feb 2011 9:09 pm
Iron Ada 2

Well despite a bit of a lack of advice responses Very Happy we have plunged for a Nara Bronze D4 with Almond and Arabica interior, Xenon upgrade, Logic 7 upgrade and tow bar. Hopefully here mid May. Also considering a Travall dog guard (£110) and Custom Covers boot liner (£70) to keep it vaguely clean! Somewhat excited .... 8)
Post #76860628th Feb 2011 11:30 pm
David Pitkethly

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Well you got my thoughts on the 31st Jan and I know you wont be disappointed with that excellent choice! Very Happy Very Happy

Post #7691211st Mar 2011 10:04 pm
RichardB

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Iron Ada 2 wrote:
Well despite a bit of a lack of advice responses Very Happy we have plunged for a Nara Bronze D4 with Almond and Arabica interior, Xenon upgrade, Logic 7 upgrade and tow bar. Hopefully here mid May. Also considering a Travall dog guard (£110) and Custom Covers boot liner (£70) to keep it vaguely clean! Somewhat excited .... 8)

Good choice ('specially the nara Bronze) but I'd go back and order that rear camera. Very useful and pretty good value upgrade. A toy that impresses everyone who sees it and makes life much easier. Plus it's not easily retrofitted.

Post #7691331st Mar 2011 10:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >