Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Can't Rely on Anyone These Days!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NightFox

United Kingdom 
Can't Rely on Anyone These Days!

Today I learned a lesson, though I should have known better in the first place…

When I traded in my D2 for my D3 back in March, in all the to-ing and fro-ing of paperwork, I realised when I was just about to leave the showroom that I had given the dealer my complete logbook for the D2. “Don’t worry,” says the dealer, “we’ll sort that out and send it off for you”. So I thought no more of it.

Until last night in the post I receive:

* £40 fine from DVLA for my (old) vehicle being neither taxed or SORN since 1st April

* Speeding ticket from Nottinghamshire Police for my (old) vehicle in May

I’ve not spoken to the dealer yet, so I won’t name and shame them until they’ve had chance to sort things out (they’re not any of my local dealers though, so don’t go guessing!)

NOT HAPPY

Evil or Very Mad

Post #502322nd Jun 2005 11:23 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Main dealer?

If so I would prepare to kick up an ENORMOUS fuss about this. Proper toys-out-the-pram job Sad

Martin

Post #502422nd Jun 2005 11:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Oh yes, main dealer alright...

Post #502522nd Jun 2005 11:33 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

It’s not too promising when the dealer’s receptionist tells me somebody will look into it as a matter of priority and call me back, and then I realise she’s not even asked for any of the vehicle details. Odds on me getting a call back?

Mind you, it was also fun when I came to trade in my D2 at this same dealer and they told me it had £14,000 outstanding finance on it from the previous owner, despite the fact that I had bought it for cash from another main dealer… turned out to be some confusion as the previous owner had had a private plate on it. Still took several hours to sort out and the dealer I originally got the D2 from (Trinity of Hinckley) never even returned my calls.

Post #503022nd Jun 2005 12:42 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

They *might* have details on file, but you know the dealer best, will they bother?

Do you need a handy Defender to blockade the dealer with until they sort it? Twisted Evil

Martin

Post #503222nd Jun 2005 12:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

Come on, lets have some "name & shame" Laughing

Post #503322nd Jun 2005 12:56 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Well, a very friendly salesman just called me back from the dealer, though we didn’t get very far. We both agreed that this was all down to the V5 for my old vehicle not been sent off (or received) by DVLA.

The salesman who actually sold me my D3 is off today, but the guy I spoke to said that they make a point of giving the V5 back to the customer to send off. I’ve asked him to speak to “my” salesman about it when he’s back tomorrow, but I can see this coming down to them denying they said they would send the V5 off for me.

Post #503622nd Jun 2005 1:35 pm
Tony Hardman

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

NightFox is right - don't let dealers send off your V5 "sellers" slip. It happened to me as well - relied on dealer (top notch dealer at that) to send off my details and hey presto! nice demanding letter from those friendly peolple down south. Fortunate enough not to get "third party" speeding ticket but did get some really upsetting letter about my "ex" car being used for some seedy goings on.
Do it yourself and don't forget postage is not proof of delivery - do it registered post. Idea

Post #511322nd Jun 2005 8:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >