Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Had the car 4 wheel tracked today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Got to say a combination of tyre change and tracking resulted in 31.6 mpg (previously I was getting 26 with cooper LTZ and much the same with my noisey Duratracs. But the ride is a lot smoother now. Also I have the roof tent on 👍
 The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have. 

Post #197359713th Aug 2018 4:38 pm
Dan-0263

United Kingdom 

Great figures in comparison👍, I've not got the plug in tool so no means of setting TTM, been advised that it's an absolute must before having the alignment done. So on back burner for time being. Cheers Mark

Post #197366413th Aug 2018 7:47 pm
Aerialmark

When I am home Dan if it will let you do it you can borrow mine and take it to be done then return it to no so tight tolerance mode. Someone will know if it can be done on my tool with your car. 👍

Post #197367113th Aug 2018 7:58 pm
Dan-0263

United Kingdom 

Much appreciated Mark👍 ....I'm not 100% sure but I think it will be unique to your car, worth a shout I guess. My intentions are to get 1, but it'll be a month or two before that happens unfortunately. Cheers

Post #197368013th Aug 2018 8:11 pm
Aerialmark

Just noticed Dan, do you live in Burnley ?

Post #197368513th Aug 2018 8:22 pm
Dan-0263

United Kingdom 

Over Accrington way, so near enough. Most importantly I'm a Claret thoughđŸ’Ș👍

Post #197368913th Aug 2018 8:36 pm
Gazzdid

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Dan-0263 wrote:
I've not got the plug in tool so no means of setting TTM, been advised that it's an absolute must before having the alignment done. So on back burner for time being.

Ive got mine booked in tomorrow, and no IID tool (yet!) to put into TTM. Is this important or not? Seems to be conflicting advice out there. Im pulling the caravan all the way to Cornwall next week & the car is pulling to the left so don’t really want to cancel the check, but will do if its going to be a bigger headache than scrubbing some life out of the tyres!

Post #197372513th Aug 2018 10:22 pm
Dan-0263

United Kingdom 

I've been told it's a must do Gazzdid👍

Post #197374813th Aug 2018 11:54 pm
Gazzdid

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I was already on the ramps when I read your reply Dan.
Well, I am pleased to say all done and no problem with the car, and now runs in a straight line instead of pulling to the left. So all in all, thumbs up. Although I did ask them to leave the engine running so the suspension remained levelled not sure whether that made any difference.

I did have an interesting conversation with the manager though. Before it went on the ramps I asked him whether he had heard of a landrover being put into TTM mode before an alignment and whether this is something that needs to be done. He had no idea what I was talking about and had never heard of Tight Tolerance Mode. This was no surprise at all to me, but what did surprise me is what came next....
Bear in mind this particular Kwik-Fit plus branch is located right by Lancaster Landrover Wolverhampton, I had even planned on dropping in for a nose after the alignment, time allowing.
The manager went on to tell me that LR send all of their vehicles Requiring alignment to them, some even brand new, and had never had an issue. Now this doesn’t mean that LR arent putting the vehicle in TTM before sending it, but find it odd if this is the case that the manager had never heard of it, and doesn’t normally leave the vehicle running during the alignment.
Food for thought.
Next time I pop into LR I will be asking the question

Anyway, to my results. Got some interesting ‘features’ which I would be interested in hearing peoples thoughts on:

First of all, the front left camber was not red before, and is now although granted it was only just in beforehand. They have said the bolt is seized and might damage the bush so could not adjust.

Right front camber is now green but only just! Would expect this to be central. Maybe its the best they could get it without making the left worse? No idea!

Front right caster, apparently there is nothing they can do with this, its a fixed item. Is this correct?

Right rear camber is more out than it was

What do you guys make of this?

Post #197403414th Aug 2018 8:38 pm
Aerialmark

Dan-0263 wrote:
Over Accrington way, so near enough. Most importantly I'm a Claret thoughđŸ’Ș👍

Good lad Dan. When I am back you can pop over for a brew and I will read your palms ( sorry codes Embarassed ) if you have no IID tool. I know I can do that Thumbs Up

Post #197404414th Aug 2018 8:54 pm
RBP

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Gazzdid wrote:
I was already on the ramps when I read your reply Dan.
Well, I am pleased to say all done and no problem with the car, and now runs in a straight line instead of pulling to the left. So all in all, thumbs up. Although I did ask them to leave the engine running so the suspension remained levelled not sure whether that made any difference.

I did have an interesting conversation with the manager though. Before it went on the ramps I asked him whether he had heard of a landrover being put into TTM mode before an alignment and whether this is something that needs to be done. He had no idea what I was talking about and had never heard of Tight Tolerance Mode. This was no surprise at all to me, but what did surprise me is what came next....
Bear in mind this particular Kwik-Fit plus branch is located right by Lancaster Landrover Wolverhampton, I had even planned on dropping in for a nose after the alignment, time allowing.
The manager went on to tell me that LR send all of their vehicles Requiring alignment to them, some even brand new, and had never had an issue. Now this doesn’t mean that LR arent putting the vehicle in TTM before sending it, but find it odd if this is the case that the manager had never heard of it, and doesn’t normally leave the vehicle running during the alignment.
Food for thought.
Next time I pop into LR I will be asking the question

Anyway, to my results. Got some interesting ‘features’ which I would be interested in hearing peoples thoughts on:

First of all, the front left camber was not red before, and is now although granted it was only just in beforehand. They have said the bolt is seized and might damage the bush so could not adjust.

Right front camber is now green but only just! Would expect this to be central. Maybe its the best they could get it without making the left worse? No idea!

Front right caster, apparently there is nothing they can do with this, its a fixed item. Is this correct?

Right rear camber is more out than it was

What do you guys make of this?

I have similar problems with left camber. 2 garages with Hunter equipment have been unable to sort it. Over 10000 miles outer edge of front right tyre is noticeably worn. Not illegal and have switched tyres and now on 16000 miles on this set with plenty of wear left. However the situation is not satisfactory....

Post #197409414th Aug 2018 10:51 pm
Aerialmark

Mine was seized to start with so they heated it up then un seized it and then left it to cool before starting again. Give them a try Richard.

Post #197411315th Aug 2018 4:11 am
RBP

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thanks Mark Thumbs Up

Post #197416815th Aug 2018 10:35 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >