DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

My car comes back tomorrow!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
My car comes back tomorrow!

Very Happy Spoke to the dealer today. They have had my car since last Friday, when it went in for a long list of warranty issues.

They had fixed everything except the FBH when I spoke to them this evening. I don't think they have an answer to that one yet, and did not want to offer me an explanation as to why it only works on the timer when the radio is on. They are obviously still at the mercy of LR on this one.

As for the other issues - suspension/park brake errors, fuel distance miscalculation, sat nav issues, radio freeze up - they are all fixed by the latest software update recently released. When I quized him on this, he referred to it as a new version, but would not quote the number to me. He says that the latest release includes several options that were missing on the previous version that refer to "Home Market Settings", I don't know what this means? but we will see.

The Front PDC not activating when the park brake drive away release is used is normal I am told!

All the other faults were details. Rear wiper arm replaced (very stiff, not cleaning window properly), bonnet required adjusting, steering alignment, missing towbar stowage, all these have been sorted out.

Hopefully this will be the end of it. I don't want to see the dealer again until first service which will be in about 3 months.

Post #13368th Mar 2005 10:11 pm
mwillems

2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Odd, I just had to oil the rear wiper arm. which had all seized up for me too. But in my case some WD-40 fixed it.

Michael

Post #13439th Mar 2005 2:09 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Got it back. Everything except FBH seems resolved. First obvious difference is the appearence of the gear position indication in the 4x4 display - so obviously something has been updated.

They simply would not tell me anything more detailed than "Its fixed, and it was all software" Version numbers are top secret apparently!

Fine, OK, So be it, keep it secret, but god help them if it breaks down again!

Post #13559th Mar 2005 1:22 pm
pers1

Hey Gareth
Nice to hear that almost everything is up-to-date!
My super guy (Lasse) at Billia Honefoss(dealer I bought the car from) is now pushing LR Norway for the latest update!

I`m looking forward to beeing up-to-date!

PerS 8)

Last edited by pers1 on 14th Mar 2005 10:19 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #13589th Mar 2005 2:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Gareth wrote:
Got it back

Time to get a sticker on it then Wink

Martin

Post #13599th Mar 2005 2:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

OK, will do it now sir. Wink

Post #13749th Mar 2005 9:20 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Gareth I'm glad our car's been fixed and interesting to note that after all this time my rear wiper for the first time has lifted from the rear window too and wiping fresh air.

But what most intrigues me is your comment referen the gear position indicator. What does it look like now, and does it now also tell you what gear you're in when in Drive/Sport. If you could elaborate, maybe take a picture to describe how this has changed I for one would be most interested.

My D3's going in next wek to have the firmware updated. I haven't experienced any real faults, bar the climate control mapping which means I freeze, unless I have it set above 24C

My front PDC is somewhat lethargic, in that sometimes I could have come to a halt before they activate, Doh!!!! so hopefully the dealer can adjust them.

Smile

Post #13799th Mar 2005 9:58 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

The PDC is odd. If you drive off without releasing the park brake, the PDC will not activate until you actually stop again. If you manually release the brake by pressing down the park brake switch, the PDC will activate before you move off, and re-activate the next time you slow down again.

If you do the manual release too quickly, i.e release and drive off simultaneously, the PDC does not activate.

If you release the brake a second or so before you actually drive off its OK.

The dealer agreed with me that it was odd, and probably a design issue, but there is no fix yet.

I need to check out the gear position indicator, I only briefly looked at it.

Post #13809th Mar 2005 10:14 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Having had a bit more time to analyse this. The gear position indicator in the 4x4 info shows PRND, but does not show the gear selected i.e 1.2.3.4.5.6 as stated in the book. It does show the gear selected in the r/h lcd display on the dash though.

The steering is an interesting one. I complained about the car wandering around the road a bit, and pulling left, and the wheel was off centre to the right when driving straight. The steering also felt fairly 'loose' when driving over uneven surfaces. On off road tracks, the steering had a fair amount of kick back and it did feel like something was loose and knocking somewhere. Now it is spot on, straight, and smooth with no kick back.

Post #138310th Mar 2005 8:45 am
FamilyMan

As you know I've also had the 'fixes everything' software upgrade but have also experienced the suspension failure post this....only the once....but it's there. As with the handbrake issue I'm sure it's down to the software not double checking some sensor or other but it could still happen at any time. Take care.
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #138410th Mar 2005 10:07 am
Ecosse

Gareth wrote:
Having had a bit more time to analyse this. The gear position indicator in the 4x4 info shows PRND, but does not show the gear selected i.e 1.2.3.4.5.6 as stated in the book. It does show the gear selected in the r/h lcd display on the dash though.

Gareth - can you clarify re the gear position as this is an ongoing issue with mine. At present it shows on 4x4 display just PRND, doesn't even show Sport-D or Commandshift & does not show the actual gear in use. The small lcd shows PRND, and also Sport-D, then "only" if in Commandshift it also shows the gear selected. Is this what yours is doing or do you now have an indication of which gear is in use by the auto-box?
Thanks

Post #140111th Mar 2005 10:17 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Your description is correct. I was not absolutely sure whether I had any gear display on the 4x4 screen before the update. Now it shows PRND.

The manual does indeed state that it should also display gear numbers. So we are not there yet!

So long as my suspension and park brake error does not come back, I can live with this one.

Post #140211th Mar 2005 10:34 am
FamilyMan

That was a 'feature' of my upgrade...gear selection now shows up on screen
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #140311th Mar 2005 10:38 am
Ecosse

FamilyMan wrote:
gear selection now shows up on screen

Family Man - can you clarify? - which screen? and what exactly now shows up & when? Thanks!

Post #140411th Mar 2005 10:46 am
Pelyma

England 

Mine just shows PRND, then the Sport and command shift, but not the gear the car is in in drive.

Post #141211th Mar 2005 10:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >