Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Caravan Advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Seaside

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

If you decide to have it serviced other than the dealer you buy it from I can recommend
Aintree Caravan Sevices they have done an excellent job on mine and they come to your
house or storage site.

Post #99596730th Oct 2012 9:55 am
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Seaside wrote:
If you decide to have it serviced other than the dealer you buy it from I can recommend
Aintree Caravan Sevices they have done an excellent job on mine and they come to your
house or storage site.

Thumbs Up

Andy

Post #99622430th Oct 2012 8:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

hughesy wrote:
just looked at the prestige Hobby Shocked best make sure swmbo doesnt see it Rolling with laughter , it is stunning and will look into them next time we upgrade, although i to have heard in the last few days not everyone will insure them and not all sites let them on, maybe someone with more info will let us know Thumbs Up

It's the oversize twin wheel hobby's being towed with a Transit that is a problem, Hobby make all sizes from 360 up, mine is a 395, followed by the 435, the 460 which is wider and a lot of sites cannot accommodate them, in 7 years ownership I have never been refused admission, site owners are also good at judging people's character, they have to be I know I used to be one.
I had had the caravan 5 years when Hobby contacted me about the sun roof, apparently during a survey some owners (not me) had complained about them, Hobby fitted a complete new sunroof without charge, - how about that Land Rover?
NFU charge me £195 for insurance.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Last edited by M3DPO on 30th Oct 2012 9:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #99623130th Oct 2012 8:58 pm
hughesy

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Thats good to know M3DPO Thumbs Up they really are nice hope they have some at the caravan show in manchester in january, be good to have a look inside.

Post #99623830th Oct 2012 9:11 pm
subaru60

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

a lot of insurance companys will only insure hobbys if fitted with a tracker and you only get a years warrenty with them unlike all other caravans you get 5 years water ingress warrenty

Post #99624130th Oct 2012 9:16 pm
M3DPO

hughesy wrote:
Thats good to know M3DPO Thumbs Up they really are nice hope they have some at the caravan show in manchester in january, be good to have a look inside.

Order a new one in May, delivery is 8 weeks, this take you into July, but in July Hobby take 6 weeks summer holiday, this takes you into September, which means you will get a 2014 model at 2013 prices, order it direct from a German supplier (I can give you the name) go over and collect it, you will save on vat and delivery have a trip round the factory and a holiday thrown in, they will make the 'van to your spec. easy as buying a pair of shoes, they speak better English than us.

Post #99624830th Oct 2012 9:31 pm
M3DPO

subaru60 wrote:
a lot of insurance companys will only insure hobbys if fitted with a tracker and you only get a years warrenty with them unlike all other caravans you get 5 years water ingress warrenty

Things must have changed since I bought mine, I got 3 years warranty and 5 years water ingress, but never needed it, in 7 years I have had Nothing go wrong or break on it.

Post #99625630th Oct 2012 9:37 pm
subaru60

ive spoken to hobby uk based in derdyshire and they said 1 years warrenty but know people who have never had problems with them but theres always that chance would be intrested in the german suppliers number thou so if you could give it would be grateful a new twin wheel is about 23k from england at the moment thats hobby uk price

Post #99628030th Oct 2012 10:10 pm
M3DPO

PJ Joeressen, Monchengladbach. 02161/580337 do an oogle search everything is on their web site, I dealt with them over the 'net. Highly recommended, I don't know what the vat rate is in Germany now, I paid 6% when I got mine, you can only pay vat once so you don't pay it in uk, plus you buy in Euros not good exchange rate at the moment.
Picked it up from them and carried on to Austria, Swtzerland and France for a month.
I looked at Hobby, Ambergate the only one's they could offer me was last seasons models that where covered in dust and green fungus, and still top price with no discount.

Post #99636831st Oct 2012 8:06 am
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I take it you need to fit towing mirrors so has anyone got any recommendations and a guide price please.

Cheers

Andy

Post #99663931st Oct 2012 6:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
subaru60

thats what ambergate said to me last week we have a 2011 model brand new never got sold but still want 18500 even thou its really 2 years old so how green would that be then lol there are a couple of other uk people selling them brand new but not sure if they are official dealers as such and if that is the case how would you then go on for warrenty how do you go on for warrenty if you buy it direct from germany if anything was to go wrong with it wheree do you take it to to be fixed

Post #99671931st Oct 2012 8:37 pm
mick

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Not read all the thread but coachman make the best uk van or Hymer are solid German engineering. Glossop will be the cheapest But Don't excpect any after service if you have problems they won't want to know.

Post #9968321st Nov 2012 12:12 am
M3DPO

subaru60 wrote:
.................. how do you go on for warrenty if you buy it direct from germany if anything was to go wrong with it wheree do you take it to to be fixed

Any authorised Hobby agent in Europe will repair and honor the warranty, Hobby out of the blue actually told me to take mine to Ambergate as they are my nearest agent to have a new sun roof fitted even though I could not see anything wrong with it and I had not complained about it and the 'van was out of warranty Shocked

Also in Germany all caravans are issued with a log book type document from new, whoever is the holder of this document is the legal owner of the 'van.

Post #9970381st Nov 2012 5:53 pm
Andy Foster

Off to the dealers tomorrow. Got a not so short list of at least 10 with a mixture of Bailey, Swift and Coachman. Will update tomorrow Thumbs Up

Andy

Post #10010759th Nov 2012 10:55 pm
Andy Foster

We are now the proud owners of a 2009 Bailey Senator Vermont series 6. Pick it up next Sunday. Looking forward to our first trip Thumbs Up

Andy

Post #100138810th Nov 2012 7:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >