Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

caravan club site
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Curly

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
caravan club site

Has anyone been to the caravan club site near chedder gorge as i am going to book up for easter week. are there any pitchs to reccommend thanks.

Post #91249921st Mar 2012 12:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mcsimmo

Scotland 

Stayed there 3 years ago. A nice site, well laid out, just what you would expect from the Caravan Club. Local shops and pubs walking distance. There is a busy footpath down one side of the site, and a nearby church clock chimes every quarter hour all night long. The site is very strict on not letting you arrive early, so often there was a queue at the gate. Enjoyed the area, but can be very busy. The main A371 can be a little bit tight for big van/car combinations, be prepared to breath in a few times. Re the pitches, try and get one away from the road end as it can be noisy.
 Man with no D3 anymore, but cant leave the forum....how sad.  
Post #91250221st Mar 2012 12:38 pm
al cope

England 

preety much all the club sites (caravan and the camping and caravnning club) are fully booked for easter - we tried 2 weeks ago.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #91252421st Mar 2012 2:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4

Or you could try Broadway house caravan site in Cheddar, it's a great site with loads to do especially if you have children Thumbs Up
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #91255621st Mar 2012 3:53 pm
cheddarwards

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I live about 2 minutes away from it, never stayed there (obviously), always seems busy enough & the pitches & location look decent. Easy to walk into the village & gorge from there & you can also use the Football Club next door for cheap drinks & breakfast if you so wish.

Broadway House is also a nice site (bigger) but it is a bit more of a walk into the Gorge/Village from there along roads with no pavement. Which makes for an interesting walk home from the pub in the dark.

Bucklegrove also gets good reviews but it is not actually in Cheddar & i don't know if that is important to you.

If you want any recommendations on pubs/resturants etc happy to give any experience i can offer

Andrew

Post #91256521st Mar 2012 4:23 pm
Somerset Jem

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I haven't been to that site Curly, off to Dorset for Easter myself. I usually take a look at the reviews on http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ if the site is on there. Also a good resource for finding new sites. Have a good trip!
Thumbs Up

Post #91258921st Mar 2012 5:07 pm
kevi

Wales 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

if you dont need ehu then there is a rally just down the road @ half the price , but in same area and there is a great bootsale on the sunday
 Practice safe eating - always use condiments.

2 Too many seats now
No trouble so far
tow pack, tasmods sills
IT goes without saying that you should never have more children than you have car windows 

Post #91261121st Mar 2012 6:29 pm
allforus

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Stopped at the site a few years ago Saturday night was a bit pound coming from the rugby club bit of do on great for a walk into village and the walk around the reservoir with the dog was spot on not far to super market 2 min walk

Post #91261721st Mar 2012 6:56 pm
D4mation

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

If you can't get in at the CC site and you aren't taking kids try this http://www.adultstouring.co.uk/cheddarbridge.htm.
We stayed there last year and it's very nice. It's right next door to the CC site - in fact we drove into the CC site by mistake.
 MY12 D4 HSE Ipanema Sand  
Post #91274721st Mar 2012 11:13 pm
Curly

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Thanks for all your advice it as come in handy as i have booked a nice pitch on the cc site and am very much looking foward to getting away. If anyone from somerset needs a parcel brought up from suffolk and they want to collect it from me when i get there your more than welcome. Thanks Thumbs Up

Post #91310522nd Mar 2012 6:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >