Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Cd Player/ via modules....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nick

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Cd Player/ via modules....

DOH!! I`ve only just found out that if one of the modules in the back is switched to cd, the cd player will run on and on, while you are listening to the radio through the speakers. Suddenly in the middle of the news, you can hear the discs changing.. My dealer could`nt figure it out a couple of months back, and proceeded ordering a new cd player.... which didnt turn up. Several fone calls of its on back order, and then i told him i`ve fixed it, and explained how the modules worked... So for the last 9 months and 11,000 miles my cd player has been wearing it`s self out and draining power from the engine, using more fuel, etc.etc. still love it thou` Very Happy
Just hope they fix the seat properly for the third time, and find out what that whirring noise is from the running gear, at low speed?? Confused

Post #2038228th Sep 2005 10:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grommet

United States 

Yep, it's come up a few times since launch. (Maybe other forums.) I think it's a little more documented now, at least in the '06 guides. The concept that rear headphone listeners can listen to the CD while the head unit is off or listening to something else really confuses some.

Post #2039228th Sep 2005 10:36 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

There's a software upgrade to fix this on WDS 10

Post #2040429th Sep 2005 7:26 am
nick

Hi Winger,
What is WDS 10?
Maybe a switch on the head unit saying Module on/off would be better than idle fingers pressing different buttons, and then me having to plug into all four modules to see which one is playing the cd!!

Post #2048829th Sep 2005 6:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Sally forth to your friendly dealer, brimming with confidence - don't let them think you are bluffing! - and tell them:

Listen here, my good man. My CD player has been playing for months without me listening to it, because the rear seat entertainment modules are switched to CD. Unless I remember to go round and turn them all to radio or Aux, I am knackered. If you care to check, Technical Service Bulletin LA415-003 (17th August 2005), provides the details of the way to rectify this annoying problem. In order to do this, please make sure that you have to hand Worldwide Diagnostic System discs V.10, upon which there is the relevant fix......or words to that effect.

What they will do (or should do) is undertake a hard reset of the IHU, then upload the software from WDS 10 - which introduces a fix for the problem; in short, at each ignition cycle the rear headphone sockets are automatically set to Aux, which sorts the problem.

Make sense? This is a problem that will effect a lot of people, and is something that everyone should ask their dealer to check when they have the vehicle in.

Post #2049029th Sep 2005 6:32 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Winger, what else does it fix? Anything to do with stopping my D3 expecting a voice command if bluetooth is already turned on on my phone when I put the key in?

Si
 The End  
Post #2049429th Sep 2005 6:34 pm
nick

Very Happy
Thanks Winger,
I`ll try that next week , hopefully my dealer will get up to speed with the latest L/Rovers, or maybe join disco3.co.uk for a whole world of help.
Have a pint of apples on me....

Post #2050429th Sep 2005 6:46 pm
grommet

United States 

I verified the "new" logic on '06 Range Rover Sport, but the latest '06 LR3s here have the old behavior... I guess it didn't get to production yet. I assume this will be a worldwide improvement... I can't really imagine too many people would be upset that headphone listening rear passengers need to re-select CD after ignition.

Post #221838th Oct 2005 1:58 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >