DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

change market setting on D4 / LR4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gseum

Germany 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR4
change market setting on D4 / LR4

Hello,

as written in several threads I have a US LR4 here in Germany. Unfortunately the US version does not behave like his european brothers in every way.

I have some major problems and some things, that are "not nice", so not urgent.

So my main question in this thread is: Can my dealer change the setting of the main market?

In the diagnostic menu it shows "ATRegion USA" - is this changeable? Or can I modify this with a faultmate?

The following problems should be solved:
- radio frequencies are at US standard (only 91,1 - 91,3 - 91,5 - only odd numbers after the comma)
- no TMC at premium navigation - separate TMC module is missing - see separate thread
- no "Nav on the move" - common and well known problem, but the european brothers do not have it… (see "Nav speed lock bit" in diagnostics)

- no digital km/h speedometer in the dashboard (new german instruments) - only the "mph" are shown, if I change to miles
- no global windows closing due to security risks for the US - the european brothers are more unsecured… Wink

Any information to the specific problems would be great - probably someone has changed options with a faultmate oder at his dealer?

First interest is the "ATRegion" setting…

Thanks for your help!
gseum
 Discovery 4/LR4 HSE 5.0 V8 MY2010 // Volvo XC60 II T8 Inscription Fusion Red MY2020 // Hyundai Kona Electric Trend MY2020 // Bürstner TravelVan 620G MY2020  
Post #8236687th Aug 2011 5:42 pm
gseum

Radio frequencies US/NAS to Europe

Hi,

here the solution for the radio frequencies:
http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic79253.html

Greetings
gseum
 Discovery 4/LR4 HSE 5.0 V8 MY2010 // Volvo XC60 II T8 Inscription Fusion Red MY2020 // Hyundai Kona Electric Trend MY2020 // Bürstner TravelVan 620G MY2020  
Post #93390121st May 2012 3:17 pm
APL

France 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

In terms of the digital speedometer readout, it is the same for my Discovery which came from the UK but is now in Ireland. The main clock is in MPH but I keep the digital readout to KMH. Check your settings via the stalk "i" button and you should be able to show the same, along with fuel economy settings.
 2016 Discovery 4 Commercial
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #93390821st May 2012 3:36 pm
gseum

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

The speedo settings are already changed via faultmate, no problem. I had first to enable the second speed display in the trip section via software change because the US cars did not have this.

The first post is a little bit older - the problem with the radio was a tricky one - I thought, that the information about that could be helpful for others.

If anyone has questions on the settings or changes from US/NAS to european - please ask!

Greetings
gseum
Post #93391121st May 2012 3:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >