Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > IIDTool Help

Cheap IID Gap
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Justme

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

What about used goods?
Get them to buy it, remove box make it look used.

Post #22764531st Feb 2022 7:27 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Dont forget that the 20% VAT on the purchase in the UK can possibly be reclaimed as your sister will be leaving the UK so can do a tax reclaim at the airport - a quick google came up with this

Procedure When You Purchase Goods

The VAT Retail Export Scheme is a programme that includes shops that operate within the refund scheme, visitors should check first and be careful in shopping in shops that are members of this voluntary scheme. It is easy to forget to check and purchase goods in shops not part of the scheme, check with your hotel &/or holiday/travel provider for more information on which shops they know are covered and where you can find shops in the scheme that sell the goods you wish to purchase.

In order for visitors to obtain the VAT refund, ensure you have one of the following documents that the shop operating in the VAT Retail Export Scheme will give:

- A VAT 407 form

- A version of form VAT 407 from the shop or refund company

- A VAT Retail Export Scheme sales invoice

The form needs to be completed when you making the purchases, in front of the retailer. The retailer will ask you to produce evidence that you are eligible to use the scheme, i.e. as your passport.

It is important that you come to an agreement on how the refund will be paid, some retailers pay themselves directly whilst others use the services of a refund company. There are some companies that also have arrangements where you can reclaim at a refund booth as you leave the UK.

It is possible you may not get the full amount of the VAT back to yourself. There may be a handling charge from the retailer or the refund company, this usually taken out of the total amount you are due back.
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #22765101st Feb 2022 11:39 pm
Trucks

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Like to add my five penny worth if I may
The autel tool is a very cheap but very useful tool and the first car you register is free for life any other car is £20 a year.(mine is just over 2 years old now)
At the moment I have four cars on my autel ,obviously my discovery is the main car followed by citreon,peugeot and now a skoda,.
The autel also works on my friends range rover sport without any fees because as I first read the options when purchasing the tool it claimed once registered for your first car it would operate on all models in that range.
When I use it on my mates rrs I just plug it in ,search for the cars code it finds it then I use the diagnostic to search for faults without any issues.
I haven't tried it on another D3 as there isn't anyone I know with one near me,but as there is no problem on my mates RRS I presume and am 99% sure it would work.
We used it for recalibration of his suspension, steering angle and the hevac system ,no difference from my D3 so it seems you get an awful lot of tool for very very little buck.
Forgot to add when I registered for use on my wife's peugeot it worked on her friend's peugeot as well so it does seem once registering for a car whether for life or annually it works on all those models in the range.
 pete truckle  
Post #22765232nd Feb 2022 8:05 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

When you buy licences etc, its for the BRAND, e.g. landrover, so should work on any models.

I think it will do basic engine code reading on any brand.

Post #22765502nd Feb 2022 12:14 pm
mrEb

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
Autel maxiAP200

Ive been looking to purchase one of these Autel AP200 (white) but nowhere seems to stock them. I have found them on some Chinese selling sites but not sure if they are any good as the prices vary so much. Any help where to buy one much appreciated.

Post #227864313th Feb 2022 12:45 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Funny enough ref the ap200 , looks like some companies are seriously overcharging for them

This one asking £500 Thud

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284230293848?ha...SwyEdgWkhP

Post #227864613th Feb 2022 12:56 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Found some here for sale , think it’s from China ?? , are 60 bucks

https://www.peter-keys.com/autel-maxiap-ap...p1545.html

Post #227864813th Feb 2022 1:05 pm
munst

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Didn't know 🇵🇱 official language was English xD

Post #227865813th Feb 2022 3:41 pm
Trucks

Autel AP200 Bluetooth OBD2... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QCT1PC5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the one I purchased in September 2020 off Amazon it is a cheap great tool the only thing you can't do is upgrade any hardware like three blinks indicator and other dated software.
It will do 99% of what the iid tool can do and other expensive fault finders tool.
You can save direct to a pdf file,email and look directly on the internet for the code error listed ALL ON YOUR PHONE SAT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE {depending on your service provider is available obviously)
Any one with any doubt can borrow mine and try it out even you die hard iid guys just try it ,pass it around as long as I get it back .
Pete
 pete truckle  
Post #227866213th Feb 2022 3:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pete K

I'd keep hold of it, as the white ones are getting like gold dust!
Replaced with the red/black one

Post #227866613th Feb 2022 4:45 pm
Trucks

Hi all I better retract my offer for someone to use or borrow unless they are very close to me because looking at my options you will need my email address and passwords which obviously I can't give out and I see it's not available anywhere else sorry guys for being let down I hope you find something very similar to mine you never know things always popping up on eBay
 pete truckle  
Post #227872013th Feb 2022 7:34 pm
Jaylr3

United Kingdom 

Hi trucks

You say your in newton is that Nottinghamshire ? I’m in derby I have an lr3 and looking to see if that iid tool would be able to help active the reversing camera and reset my service light if poss at all I will come to you

Post #228324413th Mar 2022 7:38 am
Trucks

Hi Jay
South Newton Wiltshire that be a tad to far
Can reset the service light no problem but as for camera I doubt that very much as the D3 as I believe never had one fitted if you got one it must be an after market fitting
You need to spend some time to learn about the Autel if you buy one as there are more features than you think.
But I believe reading from this forum that the earliest ones like mine have a host more settings than the newer ones.
Pete
 pete truckle  
Post #228325313th Mar 2022 9:44 am
Pete K

It’s only ppl with iid pro that can change configuration options like camera on others ppl cars. Alternatively a licence is required. About £65

The autel cannot do config changes

Post #228325813th Mar 2022 10:08 am
AndyPembs

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
AUTEL AP200 prices

I’m rather late to this thread, but hoping I might get a response!

AUTEL AP200 prices seem to vary considerably from £49 to about £70. Is this just good value, or should I be aware of fakes?

Post #230410814th Aug 2022 3:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >