Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

[Interior] Check your sunroofs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>
dochummer

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Got mine replaced...finally..

Ughhh, I live 3.5 hours away from the nearest dealership and have brought the vehicle back three times now. The first time to "verify" that there was a problem, the second to replace the sunroof rails, now the third time to fix all the trim pieces/seatbelts that weren't properly re-installed after removing the headliner to fix the sunroof. Part of the third trip was supposed to fix the retractable shade because it came back with the tension really loose the second time. Well, upon inspection today, (my family took it to the dealer bcs they were headed that way anyways), everything is fixed except the sunroof shade. Sad So, does anybody know how easy it is to remove the headliner and adjust the tension on the retractable sunroof shade above the front row seats? Otherwise, I'm looking at another trip (or two) to the dealer.... Sad
 2005 Zambezi V8 SE  
Post #32221315th Jul 2008 6:52 pm
silv

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
sunroofs

phoned dealer today. never heard of problem. phone landrover direct, never heard of problem. taking it to dealer now to show and to show middle blind catch that does not work for the second time. when you but the car they love your money. when there's a problem you always feel there doing you the favour.

Post #36280721st Oct 2008 11:35 am
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Damn it.... cracked. Will have to talk to dealers when I get a minute.

Silv,
I had the same problem with my sunroof visor. It took the stealers 4 months to figure out that you cannot buy a new catch and it requires a whole new visor fitting into the head lining.

Good Luck. Thumbs Up
Trev.

Post #36284421st Oct 2008 12:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Viper_iii

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Sun Roof... How about the entire Moon Roof Cracking?

I've got 3 cracks stemming from my Sat Antenna Bubble on my Disco 3 / LR3 2006 SE...

Anyone seen this before? Known Issue when the bubble is mounted incorrectly? Service Writers first reply was its been impacted... $1,500 Minimum to repair and will take a week / two.

WOW... No sign of any rocks hitting it and yet he claims impact... seems their standard response is "Impact damage".

Dealing with Land Rover Ventura in So Cal. Know of a better dealer?

Post #37807624th Nov 2008 6:16 am
Viper_iii

Just picked it up from the dealer... Picked up late but showed sales guy what they SHOULD have looked for

Story here

Post #3823122nd Dec 2008 8:27 pm
navydevildoc

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Well, I just saw this and ran out to go look at my 2005 LR3... sure enough, both arms have cracks up and down it really bad.

Living here in San Diego, I usually have mine open as I tool around town. But, now I won't run it at all until I sort this out.

I am also way out of warranty (almost 85,000 miles). GTR also has no TSBs, Recalls, or anything else related to cracks in the sunroof. So I have a feeling I will be paying out of pocket to fix this.

Evil or Very Mad and Big Cry at the same time.
 2005 LR3 HSE - ARB Bumper, Warn XD9000, Custom Rock Sliders and Skid Plates, BBS Faultmate MSV-2 Extreme, Kenwood TMD-700, etc, etc,
1965 Series IIA 

Post #38712412th Dec 2008 6:53 am
Viper_iii

Rail Cracks...

LRNA and LR Ventura both Denied warranty replacement of rails stating they are a cosmetic defect only and not an issue because I had no other complaints with the sun roof.

Taking action further now....

Post #3976896th Jan 2009 10:23 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

That's badly cracked.
Use few words."dangerous"
"LR held responsible for injuries"

Whistle
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #3978637th Jan 2009 2:12 am
cobblers

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

My car is in the dealers at the moment for some other warranty work. My sunroof has the cracks on both sides of the sunroof, exactly as described by others so I asked them to look into this also.

I have been told that the cracks are perfectly normal and that they are unwilling to replace the components. To quote "we checked a couple of other Discovery 3's and they were the same" - this makes it normal it seems. They also claim that they have never had this issue raised with them before and have therefore no intention of taking it further.

To anyone who has had their's fixed/replaced, is there any official Land Rover documentation that covers this, or any other evidence I could provide to support a case? Clearly pointing them out and proving the cracks are there is not enough.

Many thanks

Post #40711022nd Jan 2009 8:07 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

So are Land rover saying that the brackets were designed to crack and eventually fail
There is one documented failure on here I am sure. Have a search.
Try "check your sunroof''
Contact LR customer care.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #40711322nd Jan 2009 8:19 am
cobblers

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Thats certainly how it seems. I'll wait until I see them face to face and hear what they have to say. But any actual official land rover statement on the fix would be useful. I'll try another search to try to find one.

It could be that a direct call to Land Rover customer service may be required to get this issue sorted.

Post #40714522nd Jan 2009 10:38 am
bungie

United Kingdom 

Hello peeps...... first post Sheep Going to buy a used D3 from a stealers (warranty mainly) and if i get a hse or roof vehicle there gonna be supprised when my head pops out the roof Rolling with laughter
Not got much bargaining power though cause i need to trade in a new shape golf se tdi.

Post #40810623rd Jan 2009 8:26 pm
MarcinWAW

Poland 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

Hello everyone.
I checked my sunroof and I have the same cracks and I'm 100% sure that this is not a problem because these cracks are on the plastic which is on the top of the bracket, but under the plastic is solid metal with no cracks. You can check it from inside car. 8)
 LR3 4.4 V8 Chawton White, 20" wheels for summer and 18" for winter  
Post #40812723rd Jan 2009 9:30 pm
quantumjohn

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

ridgeback_moor wrote:
Has anyone tried getting a repair on a vehicle out of warranty? Mine is 3 years and 2 months old - what do you think my chances are?

R_M,

Did you get any joy with the dealer on this?
Mine is also out of warranty and has cracks although not bad by the sounds of others in this thread.

I would be interested if there is any official word from LR on this. I have subscribed to GTR and could not find any TSB's on it although I might have missed it rushing through them all as I only had a days subscription!

Alternatively, has anyone replaced the parts themselves?

Thanks,
John

Post #41141029th Jan 2009 7:34 pm
phurley

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

I'm not sure that this is a real issue, TBH.

As MarcinWAW points out, the guides are actually metal to which the plastic is bonded. I haven't been able to find an actual jam/inop report due to this. Of course, the guys in Oz are going to be the true experts on this subject.

47°C! Shocked Holy Censored !

Post #41142729th Jan 2009 8:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >