Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

My (our..!) Christmas present...;-)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
couplands

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
My (our..!) Christmas present...;-)

So, having ordere my D3 a few weeks before Christmas, the dealer assured me it would be here before the big day (no reason that was important, other than I wanted it NOW..!)

Anyway, after much phone calling and emailing, the car was finally ready for collection. My son took me to the dealer (it's about 200miles from home in the Peak Disctrict) on Friday - as soon as we got south of Birmingham I realised why all those southern softies were complaining about the fog..!

We had a terrible journey back home, the fog really didn't help at all.

I'm well chuffed with the car, it's an XS with auto. It even came with heated seats (that I didn't order, and I'm sure are not standard on the XS), so even more happy.

I'm reading the manual cover to cover trying to understand how all the systems work, it's a major piece of engineering. Such a big step-up in refinement from the D2.

Thanks for a great forum, and Merry Christmas to you all.

cheers

simon

Post #11315526th Dec 2006 9:09 am
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Well done on your purchase Couplands and may I say you have made an excellent colour choice!
I too have an XS and having seen the spec list on the LR website was also somewhat surprised to find that mine came with heated seats and heated windscreen. Perhaps they have upped the spec to differentiate it further from the GS but not updated the website yet.

Anyway, Enjoy! Very Happy
 Back in the game!  
Post #11315626th Dec 2006 9:31 am
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Well Done !

Also, after the last few days, I guess LR need to be thinking about an Xl or XXL version ???? Embarassed Shocked
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #11316326th Dec 2006 10:32 am
couplands

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

DiscoDad wrote:
Well done on your purchase Couplands and may I say you have made an excellent colour choice!
I too have an XS and having seen the spec list on the LR website was also somewhat surprised to find that mine came with heated seats and heated windscreen. Perhaps they have upped the spec to differentiate it further from the GS but not updated the website yet.

Anyway, Enjoy! Very Happy

Well, the website (and brochure) stated that the XS has the heated front screen - so was expecting that..! However, the website, brochure and the sales guy(s) told me that the difference between the 06 S and the 07 XS was the swapping of the heated seats for power-fold mirrors (poor swap IMO). But as I have both, I'm happy..!

I'm finding new things each day, like the Aux in, power and cup holders in the rear of the centre console..(as you can tell, small things amuse me... Embarassed ).

I'm now wondering if I can hook up my TomTom to the Navigation input (I assume the standard Nav has a sound input to the audio soemwhere) so I can use the car speakers for Navigation - hopfully it can use the audio mute and differential volume (that I also found on the radio) for the Nav sound. Anyone know if this is possible..???

cheers

simon

Post #11317026th Dec 2006 10:53 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Well done, you have a nice christmas prezzy Thumbs Up

Post #11317726th Dec 2006 11:12 am
catweasel

lee01277 wrote:
Well Done !

Also, after the last few days, I guess LR need to be thinking about an Xl or XXL version ???? Embarassed Shocked
over eaten have we  
Post #11320026th Dec 2006 1:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >