Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Clutches....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bookert

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Clutches....

After just under 5 years ownership since new and only 23k miles my clutch is suddenly exhibiting all the symptoms of TSB LTB00018. I see plenty of others have had similar problems, but generally earlier in ownership (in time rather than mileage).

Clearly the car is out of warranty, but I feel that at this mileage the clutch should not be wearing or failing. Our useage has been light, a mix of local and motorway, no heavy towing.

I plan to see the dealer in the next few days, but would be interested in any opinions on the chances of LR replacing the clutch since there's been a TSB. Because of the age of the car I suspect that at best I might squeeze a contribution to the repair.

Any thoughts?

Post #68600325th Aug 2010 4:34 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

It is worth a try but I suspect LR customer services will say no, best of luck Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #68617726th Aug 2010 12:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AWD man

England 

Worth a phone call because if you don't ask you don't get...

but I'd suspect 2 hopes, bob and no..
 57 RRS TDV8
BAS Map
D3: Gone but not forgotten 

Post #68621226th Aug 2010 8:57 am
bookert

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

You both echo my own thoughts, worth a try but most likely no chance....there goes more green Sad

Post #68661027th Aug 2010 10:24 am
chockswahay

Scotland 

I dunno if this is the same but............................

I have a 2007 manual D3 which I bought from a main dealer in May this year. It is very difficult to select 1st and reverse after standing stationary with the clutch out for a while.

Dealer looked at the car 2 weeks ago and said that they bled the hydraulic fluid and all tested OK.................

Well, it was NOT any better. Dealer has car for 4 days last week and replaced flywheel, master servo and propshaft (!). They have not mentioned any service bulletin.

It gets worse! they were driving the car back to me on Thursday evening when the 'clutch fell to the floor' as the driver told me on Friday morning when they delivered the car having 'fixed' it.

Well GET THIS......................I drove 5 miles down the road, saw puffs of smoke coming out from the bonnet at traffic lights, pulled into a car park and found fluid dripping from the car near the engine. Then when I pressed the brake pedal it went all the way to the floor! (thank goodness I stopped as journey was about to join 50 miles of motorway!).

Car collected by Landrover assistance and taken to dealer, me taken home. I have had enough of this car and the dealers failure to correct faults (there have been others) so I am rejecting the car as unfit for purpose and demanding a refund. I have no faith in the dealership or confidence in the car any more.

I am being economic with the facts in case the dealer reads this but you can be sure that I am very unhappy with the whole situation and I will seek legal advice if need be.

I don't know if this post helps but hey, I had to get it off my chest.

Chox

Post #68738829th Aug 2010 11:40 pm
Trackman

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Chox,

Who was the dealer Whistle

Want to avoid them Shocked

Ian.

Post #68767931st Aug 2010 12:07 am
DrLex

Iceland 

Since there isn't a Stratstones in Glasgow, I'm thinking Taggarts.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #68768931st Aug 2010 7:09 am
chockswahay

Scotland 

Guys,

I'm not at liberty to say anything right now until we have reached an acceptable outcome.......................however............it's not Stratstones Wink

Chox

Post #68772831st Aug 2010 9:57 am
Sharkey

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Clutch

Hi,
just bought my first LD approved used D3 november last year, Its on a 56 plate, diesel, manual box and has done 45,000 miles. All was going great until feb this year when i got a park brake warning light on the dash. Took it to LD and told me that the X-Y sensor need to be recalibrate. sorted free of charge as was under the 3 month warrenty.

Then about a month ago it came on again, took it back to LD try to recalibrate but told me that the clutch was starting to slip which causes the fault, so i would need to get a new clutch at a cost of £1200.

Two weeks ago my cluch fails and had to get rescued, so i found a local garage who could do the cluch and fly wheel for just under 1k. went with them... clutch fixed.... but five warning light on dash now.

* cant change suspension hight

* cant change into low gear ratio

* cant select hill decent

* cant access cruise control

* cant access the terrain response control

* no R N 1 2 3 4 5 6 gear on the display

The display in the dash reads

"HDC fault system not available"

"Transmission fault traction reduced"

"System fault special programs not available"

"Park brake fault"

"Suspension lowered"

Computer fault codes

B1D29
B1D33
U1A44
C1A43
U0101
U0416
B1A99
B1B02
U0403
P0405
P0641
P0902
P0916

The bloke who changed the clutch has tried to reset the system to no avail, and thinks that the x-y sensor need replacing. So i took the D3 to LR this morning as i feel that if it is the sensor, I want it sorted by them since I have had a problem with this part from when i bought the D3. At LR they said that the sensor is ok and that the garage may of nicked the wiring harness when replacing the cluch.

My question is could the x-y sensor be responsible for all the faults listed above?

Or would the nicked harness story from LR be more likely as I went back to the garage which did the clutch and said that he was very careful not to nick the wires and is convinced that the sensor is to blame.

Post #6911319th Sep 2010 1:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >