BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Colliers Birmingham

Anyone used this dealer as I'm due a service and they're nearest to me Question

Post #30418629th May 2008 4:14 pm
Jimbob Squarepants

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I use them. They seem friendly enough.

I bought my car from them and the salesman was excellent. Although he did promise me a fancy key ring that I never got!

They've had the car back twice, once for a noisy engine (which they said was nothing and seems to have calmed down a bit now the beastie is run in) and once to have the brakes looked at because they were squeaking (the brakes still squeak). Service reception is efficient and you get a loan car free (although you have to provide your own insurance). I've had a FL2 and a brand new D3 HSE loaned to me.

I'm afraid I cannot comment on theuir technical competence as I've had nothing major done. However, I think they quoted me £380 for my first service whereas the dealer in Hinckley (whose name I forget) quoted me £300.

So, to sumarise, they haven't upset me yet, but then again I haven't been overly impressed either. particualarly when service told me that if front PDC was not in the accessories book they couldn't fit it Shocked

Let me know how you get on because I am due my first service next month.
 Too much intellectual firepower can damage your common sense.  
Post #30424629th May 2008 7:16 pm
BrumLee

When I called in, although the young ladies on reception were very pleasant, we got into a debate over the TDV6 having a timing belt when they spoke about their service package (spreading the servicing costs over 12 months).

If I took the package, it would cost me over £1000 as the minimum services you can have a year is two Shocked Rolling Eyes This would mean on my D3 it covered the 105k mile service and required the belts changing. The young lady said there isn't any belts fitted on a TDV6, it's chain driven Shocked Rolling with laughter She went off to get the data sheet to prove me wrong Laughing and came back saying "sorry it is a timing belt, but we've never had to change one here yet".

Think I may shop for some more quotes as I wasn't filled with confidence. Their only plus point on first impressions is they're local Sad

Post #30456130th May 2008 2:44 pm
Jimbob Squarepants

That's the kind of answers they've given me to a few questions. fairly basic stuff that as a frnchised dealer, they should know.

They tried to push that servicing package on me - I thought it way too expensive.

They don't exactly fill you with confidence do they?
Post #30459730th May 2008 5:24 pm
BrumLee

It begrudges me to pay for servicing as I'm in the trade and service all types of commercial light and heavy vehicles (currently Merc), but to get the stamp in the book and keep some value on the vehicle you're tied Crying or Very sad

I nearly fell over when I was given the quote Shocked she said that is for two services that average at £600 a time.

Post #30461230th May 2008 6:09 pm
Jimbob Squarepants

Just had my first 15000 mile service at Colliers. It cost £332 - which compared well to quotes from other local dealers.

I suffer from noisy wipers so I asked them to check and see if they were elligible for replacement under the relevant TSB. "No fault found with wipers" was the note on the service sheet.

I also told them the brakes were still squeaking - so they've dismantled and cleaned the EPB again (it was done less than 1000 miles ago in an attempt to cure the same fault.

The car was not particularly well cleaned - inside or out.

They filled the car with oil at 98 pence a litre and then presented me with a litre bottle of Magnatec for £10.99. I thought this was a gift until I studied the bill in detail when I got home.

On the plus side I had a an FL2 free of charge for the day - although it was desparate for fuel when I picked it up and the receptionist was very nice.

They also presented me with a quote for the next two services - payable by direct debit it came to £836 Shocked

On the whole I'm not overly impressed - no problems with the the work that was done (so far) but they seem extremely reluctant to do anything extra.

Now I'm of to search for that topic about the squeaky wiper TSB
Post #31350823rd Jun 2008 9:22 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Try Shukers in Ludlow... only 1hr away and the town is great to hang out in while you wait - if you like castle's, a real traditional tea shop (amazing cream cakes), good pubs, countryside etc etc Thumbs Up Make a day out of the pain involved shelling out for a service Very Happy

Post #31354923rd Jun 2008 10:40 pm
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Are the Shukers Ludlow lot better than the Shewsbury mob?

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #31356423rd Jun 2008 10:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Used them for many years (nearly 10 I think) and they have always looked after me. On my 3rd LR from them now.

A couple of people on the forum have also used them to sort out some 'issues' they had with other dealers and have also been looked after.

I usually get a FL2 or D3 (sometimes a RRS) as a loaner too.

I would guess they would be more than happy to drop you off in Ludlow for a days mooching and then pick you up again - with enough notice of course and a potential problem list so they can get any needed parts sorted.

Post #31357623rd Jun 2008 11:30 pm
BrumLee

Well my experience has been very much the same as James R Evil or Very Mad Loan car was collected on fumes and returned the same way as I didn't like driving the FL2.

Charged £10.99 for top-up kit and had to go back and collect it when I queried the bill. Battery and brake box covers left un-clipped, clock time messed with and not reset, warranty items that others have had done on this site were claimed as non-warranty items, tyres were dressed and shiny but the rest of the car wasn't that well cleaned. Did get a nice Colliers LR air freshener for my £405 Rolling Eyes

Today I received advanced warning from Colliers that I will be getting a questionare from Land Rover about my servicing experience. Colliers would like me to mark them as 'OUTSTANDING' in all areas Rolling with laughter If I feel my experience was lacking outstanding I can book an appointment, have a coffe whilst my car is valeted, to discuss the areas of concern. Shall I ask them to make a whole day available Wink

Don't think I'll be renewing LR warranty or using dealership servicing as there seems to be issues across most of the franchise network, wheras third party warranty and independant garages seem to be receiving better reports.

Post #31530928th Jun 2008 2:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >