DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Commercial D3 RFL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
andybb

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Commercial D3 RFL

Hi all
After 4 & 1/2 months my new D3 should be ready on Sat.
Well, I just received the invoice this afternoon so it better be.
The dealer has charged me £350 RFL but I'm pretty sure it should only be £175 for a commercial vehicle??
I'm sure I'm correct but I'd be grateful if someone could confirm before I make an Censored of myself Embarassed
Thanks
 Soon.....D3 XS Commercial...Stornoway Grey...Auto..Sat Nav...PTI...iPod doc...Leather...heated deats...Company Car...but not too many £'s to GB Surprised ..a true Scotsman..born & bred  
Post #24335010th Jan 2008 11:39 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

The answer is it should be!!! We have a TD5 Commercial which we paid a full 12 month RFL at £175.00.

Now where the stealer is getting it wrong might be that the vehicle is still on the LR system as a normal vehicle when you punch in the chasis number, go to the parts dept and get them to type in the chasis number and it will come up as the normal car its based upon.

So dolly daydream in the office has rightly punched in the chasis number and assumed it was a standard vehicle
Mr. Green Mr. Green

With that in mind you may need to check that on the first reg doc is as a commercial and not the car coz if it is with DVLA, you going to have a get it physically inspected by a DVLA rep after the V5 has come to you and change its classification, but not be able to claim the vat relief until then (PS the vehicle history will always show that the car was a post production conversion from the normal car if the later applies) Big Cry Big Cry

Post #24337611th Jan 2008 12:12 am
JMC

Scotland 
Re: Commercial D3 RFL

andybb wrote:
The dealer has charged me £350 RFL but I'm pretty sure it should only be £175 for a commercial vehicle??

For a 'proper' commercial, the cost of RFL should be £180.
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #24338111th Jan 2008 12:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andybb

Thanks
£175 will cover a few beers to celebrate on Sat night
Cheers Thumbs Up
 Soon.....D3 XS Commercial...Stornoway Grey...Auto..Sat Nav...PTI...iPod doc...Leather...heated deats...Company Car...but not too many £'s to GB Surprised ..a true Scotsman..born & bred  
Post #24338311th Jan 2008 12:16 am
character

JMC wrote:
andybb wrote:

For a 'proper' commercial, the cost of RFL should be £180.
We paid 175 last August but of course ours is a 2.5td and not a 2.7 td which might be the 5.00 diff, robbing goverment Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  
Post #24338711th Jan 2008 12:18 am
JMC

Scotland 

character wrote:
With that in mind you may need to check that on the first reg doc is as a commercial and not the car coz if it is with DVLA, you going to have a get it physically inspected by a DVLA rep after the V5 has come to you and change its classification, but not be able to claim the vat relief until then (PS the vehicle history will always show that the car was a post production conversion from the normal car if the later applies)

Sorry mate but this is nonsense. Shocked

The LR commercial is built at Land Rover Special Vehicles and is a true commercial from day 1.

You cannot change the taxation class from a car to a commercial once the V5 has been produced these days.

VAT reclaim rules bear no relevance to DVLA tax classification
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #24338811th Jan 2008 12:19 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 

character wrote:
We paid 175 last August but of course ours is a 2.5td and not a 2.7 td which might be the 5.00 diff

Nope........ cost went up to £180 in March 2007 for any PLG (TC11) vehicle over 1549cc Confused
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #24339111th Jan 2008 12:22 am
andybb

Sorry
I'm a little confused
Would it not be classed as LGV (TC39)?
I think that is what my L200 is classed as
LGV is £175 on DVLA web site?? Confused
Post #24339711th Jan 2008 12:29 am
character

JMC wrote:
character wrote:
With that in mind you may need to check that on the first reg doc is as a commercial and not the car coz if it is with DVLA, you going to have a get it physically inspected by a DVLA rep after the V5 has come to you and change its classification, but not be able to claim the vat relief until then (PS the vehicle history will always show that the car was a post production conversion from the normal car if the later applies)

Sorry mate but this is nonsense. Shocked

The LR commercial is built at Land Rover Special Vehicles and is a true commercial from day 1.

You cannot change the taxation class from a car to a commercial once the V5 has been produced these days.

VAT reclaim rules bear no relevance to DVLA tax classification

I know its built as LRS, I've got one!!!

The point I was saying, if you read the reply, is that the vehicle itself will still be on the LR system as a normal car if you punch in the chasis number!!

Go to the parts dept, get them to type in the chasis number in the top left hand side after the main menue, get them to scoll down all the parts and hey presto....there's all the fitting listed and shown as the normal base car and unless Lr have sent out a new update disc post christmas, it will not show the commercial parts!! Least it didnt 3 weeks ago when we typed in the chasis of a brand new unreg'd disco commercial sat in the stealers showroom!

Talking Censored regards the re-classification of the vehicle, my disco 3 was reg as a "crown vehicle" under its catagory on the V5, had to go to local DVLA office to get it stamped and re-catagories to diesel 4 x 4 or whatever it should be, will be inspected by DVLA in around a months time when the commercial conversion has arrived and been fitted, then it will be re-catagoried as a commercial with a new v5 then issued Mr. Green Mr. Green

Last edited by character on 11th Jan 2008 12:38 am. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #24339911th Jan 2008 12:30 am
character

andybb wrote:
Sorry
I'm a little confused
Would it not be classed as LGV (TC39)?
I think that is what my L200 is classed as
LGV is £175 on DVLA web site?? Confused
soory got confused who's reply related to who's reply!!! Mr. Green  
Post #24340211th Jan 2008 12:35 am
JMC

Scotland 

character Firstly, I DID read your post before replying. Rolling Eyes

Secondly, I can't beleive that LRs own system cannot show that a particular chassis number isn't a LRSV commercial.

Finally, we seem to be talking about different things here. Confused

I can't speak for a "Crown Vehicle" classification, but I'm sure if this applies to a HM car then it will need to be changed once the queen is fiinished with it. However, the rest of us mere mortals with 'cars' can no longer have their V5 classification changed to commercial - even if the vehicle has been converted (to VAT office specifications) to a van. I know because my D3 van is classed as a car on the V5 and I was not permitted to get it changed upon conversion.
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #24340511th Jan 2008 12:41 am
character

JMC wrote:

Secondly, I can't beleive that LRs own system cannot show that a particular chassis number isn't a LRSV commercial.

I can't speak for a "Crown Vehicle" classification, but I'm sure if this applies to a HM car then it will need to be changed once the queen is fiinished with it. However, the rest of us mere mortals with 'cars' can no longer have their V5 classification changed to commercial - even if the vehicle has been converted (to VAT office specifications) to a van. I know because my D3 van is classed as a car on the V5 and I was not permitted to get it changed upon conversion.
I will keep yer informed, at the moment its now the normal car, but we have been assured by dvla both before and after we bought him!! Of course I'm now going to have a bad nights sleep thinking that I been shafted by dvla again Mr. Green Mr. Green  
Post #24340611th Jan 2008 12:44 am
JMC

Scotland 

andybb wrote:
I'm a little confused Would it not be classed as LGV (TC39)?

I'm a bit confused too but I put this down to paying car tax for my (car derrived) van rather goods vehicle tax. I see that there is now PLG and LGV at £180 & £175 respectively. WTF Confused

Anyway, in terms of your original question - you are still being shafted at £300+ for RFL Evil or Very Mad
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #24340811th Jan 2008 12:47 am
character

JMC wrote:

My whole point exactly, if dolydaydream goes by the original chasis number it will show as a LR Car and in here innicence, will register it on the first reg as a car, hence the £300 plus RFL. Just looked at my V5 for my old TD5 2003 Commercial, Taxation Class "Light Goods Vehicle", Type of Fuel: Heavy Desiel. Mr. Green Mr. Green  
Post #24340911th Jan 2008 12:50 am
andybb

OK guys
I think we got there. Basically the stealer is wrong...quelle surprise !!!
And he needs to knock £175 off the bill
Sorry didn't mean to get the blood boiling...lets all have a beer!!
Very Happy
Post #24341211th Jan 2008 12:58 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >