Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

common problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
IroningMan

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

There are many more experienced heads than mine, but it sounds like the brakelight switch.

Post #108892816th Apr 2013 9:12 am
HEE-MAN

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
SUSPENSION FAULT -COMMON FAULT???

have just purchased a Disco 3 2005 model.Its 1 owner from new and with extensive service history and has had lots of money thrown at it over the years in repairs.Most recently about 3 months ago its had new brake pads and a suspension compressor fitted.

however when I drove it on the motorway,anything above 40mph the cab rocks from side to side and you can feel and hear the chassis rubbing on the tyres.Seeing that a new suspension compressor has been fitted,what could it be???

Post #111993020th Jun 2013 4:47 am
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

What size wheels & tyres please?

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #112009120th Jun 2013 2:16 pm
DiscoJake

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Leather seat damage in 2006 HSE

swisstim wrote:
Hi

Am looking at buying a 2006 HSE and the only issue I have found is the seat damage to the leather. In particular there are 1" tears on the side panels of each of the front seats. I can see how it has happened as it pinches when you climb out. Is this a common issue or does this show lack of care on the part of the previous owner?

Secondly, anyone know a rough price for repairs to this sort of damage?

Cheers for any help

ST

As above, been to look at a potential 2006 HSE this weekend, again this had tear/hole in drivers seat side panel, is this common? is it repairable?

Also the headlining in the back had quite a few mark / rips / tears, the dealer said "they're all like that", obviously being the size of a van they get used as such but please tell me they're not "all like that"!
(the boss told me we're not getting that 1 as she didn't like the dealer anyway but for future reference please) Confused

Post #116172823rd Sep 2013 9:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoJake

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

So what about these seat base sides then? I'm presuming they don't all split but I've seen lots that have!
Again not mileage dependant as caused by getting in and out and sliding ones derrière over it to much (1 lady owner not necessarily a good thing then)?

Post #11700259th Oct 2013 9:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mak35

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

On the 55/56s i viewed apart from one
Seems quite common on the sides you mention and also on seat pockets , in the end i bought one with black leather as it hides any wear quite well , re: repairs best bet is asking an upholsterer as from my understanding seats need to be removed, but they may have some alternatives

Post #117092612th Oct 2013 12:54 am
alpick

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 3
old Vs new oil pump casing

Post #124380227th Feb 2014 1:30 am
hillstrubl

United States 

On the note of oil pumps, I just had the oil pressure light come on upon startup on my '05 (4.4v8). The oil level was the slightest bit low so I topped it off. Light goes away... Anything else I should check or was this a fluke? Never seen it before. 111k miles.

Post #149304926th Jun 2015 11:50 am
Bustedtdv6

England 

Could anybody please anybody explain why my dashboard keeps going to sleep whilst I'm driving all gauges and led screens go completely off rest of light etc are still working
Then the gauges will come back alive the ⛽ fuel gauge takes a moment to find its place and everything's normal then a few miles later it will do it again
5 amp fuse seems fine I'm just not having a good start with my 1St D3 xs commercial Crying or Very sad

Post #177886214th Feb 2017 11:57 pm
Andymcl

Can anyone help. We gave a disco 3 2006 . It runs ok but every now and again it won't start,I get the normal dash lights then turn key and get nothing no clicks etc. I have got it started by putting a metal bar through the passenger side UK wheel arch and hitting what I thought was starter. With someone holding ignition on the car starts . I just found out starter is on drivers side UK so I am now thinking it wasn't the hitting that makes it start it has to be an earth issue and my metal bar is creating the earth . This is intermittent fault but any ideas on this and where the starter earth us located.

Post #205361916th May 2019 1:39 pm
Pipers picnic

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
Door handle is no longer attached to anything

HELP, when pulling the handle of the rear (right) door there is no longer a connection and consequently the door won't open. Remote and internal handle still work fine. Is it the latch or is there a cheaper problem than replacing the entire latch???

Post #21101882nd Jan 2020 8:29 pm
Philjnr

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Aintree GreenDiscovery 3
Epb light on dash

The epb light is on the dash board but epb locks and unlocks the breaks perfectly fine what could be causing this issue. New to the disco3

Post #23173664th Dec 2022 12:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >