Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Console Removal DVDs in Headrest and cup holder removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3
Console Removal DVDs in Headrest and cup holder removal

I decided to go for it and fit the DVD kit i got from Nick - the freelander 2 kit

Thanks for all the help from those that have posted info on how to get the headrests out - proud to say did this without a mark on the plastic covers - but lots of swearing instead

Removed the aux 12v power and input ok at the rear of the centre console following the advice that most things are clipped in so pulled and it came off in one piece.

There are a number of cables behind the plate and 2 of them have the same plug to go into the AV/aux input terminal that came with the kit. I am assuming one of them is for the telephone crabdle which i dont have but the other i have no idea. i tried connected the DVD and source into the terminals but no sound came out of the speakers with the radio on aux.

Question is - why are there four cables if the only active one is for the aux - ipod or similar jack plug?

Does anyone know what the other plug is for - didnt dare to connect it yet

On another note - i had to pull the rear surround of the console off where the air grilles are to try and route the cables - and reading this was also clipped on i pulled it off after a lot of effort and soar hands!! turns out on my car - 2009.5 there is one screw holding it on also which you can only access via the other side once you remove the cooling box!!!

So - having broken console (easy plastic repair) i will post some pics later of how to remove the console, cooling box, rear vent and cup holder

But in the meantime any info on the '"spare'' plug would be nice

Thanks
Ian

Post #57167730th Dec 2009 2:43 pm
pjv

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

"So - having broken console (easy plastic repair) i will post some pics later of how to remove the console, cooling box, rear vent and cup holder "

explains why I couldn't get mine off - I gave up before anything broke!

I removed the slide out cup holder and fitted electrical gubbins in space. Then made up a simple mdf cover plate

pjv

Post #57184830th Dec 2009 8:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >